Post Reply

[Q] BBC iPlayer crashes

OP gavin19

14th September 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I've been using CM11 for months (Kitkat 4.4.4) and recently switched to Paranoid Android 4.5+ and neither work with the iPlayer app. If I switch back to a 4.4.2 based build of either then it works fine.

PA 4.6 was a clean install but the problem remains. When I try to watch a video it attempts to start but the screen goes green and it hard resets.

Anyone else getting this?
8th October 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #2  
theonecallednick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 7
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin19

I've been using CM11 for months (Kitkat 4.4.4) and recently switched to Paranoid Android 4.5+ and neither work with the iPlayer app. If I switch back to a 4.4.2 based build of either then it works fine.

PA 4.6 was a clean install but the problem remains. When I try to watch a video it attempts to start but the screen goes green and it hard resets.

Anyone else getting this?

try clearing cache, if it doesn't help try uninstalling and reinstalling it again..
8th October 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonecallednick

try clearing cache, if it doesn't help try uninstalling and reinstalling it again..

I've completely wiped the phone several times, cache/dalvik cache/system/user data, everything. It only happens if I use a ROM from about July onwards. I've tried about 15 different ROMs and they all follow the same pattern. I'm guessing it's because a lot of them use CM sources and they're all inheriting the same codebase. The most recent custom ROM I can use that still allows iPlayer to function is Slimkat 4.4.4 build 6 (5266) which is from 30th June.
8th October 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #4  
theonecallednick's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 7
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin19

I've completely wiped the phone several times, cache/dalvik cache/system/user data, everything. It only happens if I use a ROM from about July onwards. I've tried about 15 different ROMs and they all follow the same pattern. I'm guessing it's because a lot of them use CM sources and they're all inheriting the same codebase. The most recent custom ROM I can use that still allows iPlayer to function is Slimkat 4.4.4 build 6 (5266) which is from 30th June.

it works on 4.4.4.but not on 4.5 so maybe the application doesn't support your current rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank