XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone came from the SGS3?

Tip us?

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Anyone came from the SGS3?

Is the Moto G faster and more fluid in animations and transitions than the SGS3?

I'm really tired of having lag and a slow phone and am looking for a nice and fast phone with stock android preferably.

I don't know if the Moto G is really much faster or if it also has lag occasionally.

Do you guys think it's a good choice to go from the SGS3 to the Moto G 4G?

Anyone that has done it can comment?

Is battery life also the same or better?

Thanks!

FabNMun
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
Is the Moto G faster and more fluid in animations and transitions than the SGS3?

I'm really tired of having lag and a slow phone and am looking for a nice and fast phone with stock android preferably.

I don't know if the Moto G is really much faster or if it also has lag occasionally.

Thanks!
Most of my friends that had the S3 complained about lag, I've shown them my Moto G and they were wowed with it. Specs-wise the Moto G is a good upgrade from the S3 since it's a newer processor and is built for a newer Android OS. It should have equal to or better battery life since the battery is a little less capacity but it has a more efficient processor and OS. The Moto G does get laggy when you have too many apps open, Facebook has chugged a few times and loading times in games can take a while due to having only 1GB of memory. I use OTG storage via a microUSB reader and am able to carry most of my media on it which frees up the internal 8GB for just apps and other misc stuff.

But seriously for the price it's definitely hard to beat.
Current Phone: Boost Moto G (flashed to Verizon 4.4.4 activated on pageplus)

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post

Thanks!
Definitely a good upgrade over the SGS3. Lag is nearly non-existent on the Moro G. The SoC has faster and way more power-efficient cores.
Another notable thing is that Moto G doesn't get hot even if you stress it with some heavy synthetic, SGS3 does get hot.

Overall you'll be surprised what this relatively cheap phone can.You also get a microsd card slot on the 4G model, just don't buy some exotic cards, but something class 6 kingston or samsung.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

robbieas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I broke my S3 and moved to this. It's at least a comparable phone, if not better. Though if you still have the S3, I highly recommend Task650's ROM. Fantastic builds. I was on an early release of his KK ROM and it was flawless, I'm sure it's rock solid these days.
Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> LG G2X -> HTC Amaze 4G -> Samsung SIII -> Moto G (Google Play Edition, Stock Rooted)
Nook Color (CM7.2)
Nexus 7 (Car In-Dash, CM10.1 w/ Timur Kernel)
HP Touchpad (CM10.2)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (Stock Rooted)

pfufle
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Better performance, better battery life, water resistant, better looks, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to pfufle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K3VYNC
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfufle View Post
Better performance, better battery life, water resistant, better looks, etc
And it's not HUGE

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto G (XT1033):
Cyanogenmod 11 + Aero Kernel

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T210):
NoleKat

Whoop5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have an S4 on Verizon and picked up a Moto G through trading various items for it. I plan to sell it, but I've honestly been slightly disappointed with my S4 since I've used the G. I wouldn't be able to use a phone without a swappable battery and a microSD card slot, though.

teffers
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had a Galaxy S3 for two years. it went faulty so I got the Moto G 4G.

My partner still has the S3 so I can constantly compare it to the Moto G.

Moto G is faster, scrolling / general use is smoother and I'm definitely seeing better battery life (especially on standby) - and this was compared to a custom rom on the S3.

Very happy with the change.