No registration required

[Q] Moto G bricked completely - can access fastboot

OP NexusHaggis

28th July 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

4 posts
Hi everyone,
I recently rooted my moto g and installed TWRP. The next day I get notifications saying that there is an update available and I downloaded it and installed it. The phone proceeded to shut down and install the update, but rather than the Android logo with the blue bar as I expected a long string of messages came from TWRP and I was dumped at the TWRP home screen. So when I reboot my phone the update hasn't installed and I was still being pestered by pop up messages to install the new update. So I came to the conclusion to un-root, install the stock rom as shown in the video "Flash your Tesco Moto G To Stock" by AndroidAndyUK.

I thought I should install the update without a recovery. The only problem is that when I go to install the rom like in the video, something goes wrong i guess and once its finished the "Bootloader Unlocked" white screen with red writing appears to go into an infinite boot loop. I flashed TWRP and wiped cache and everything then tried re installing the rom numerous times. At the fastboot screen three key things show in purple writing rather than yellow like in the video, which are:

version downgraded for primary_gpt
version downgraded for tz
version downgraded for boot

I can flash TWRP from ADB in my C drive but its not recognized by the command "adb devices".
At the moment I have an unusable phone and I would really appreciate any advice on the topic.

At the moment I have an unusable phone and I would really appreciate any advice on the topic.

Thanks very much.
29th July 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 107

440 posts
More
Do not flash gpt.bin
Do not flash motoboot.img

Flash the rest as usual.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread