Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto g Dual Sim to gpe?

Tip us?

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Moto g Dual Sim to gpe?

I'm planning on getting the moto G Dual Sim factory unlocked version and I was wondering if I can covert this to the gpe?

Does the dual Sim also work in the US to AT&T and T-Mobiles network?
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

g.carvalho97
Old
Thanks Meter 11
If the GPE version is Dual-SIM as well, you can flash the official GPE ROM to get your Moto G a GPE-feel. Please note that this will void your warranty, so i wouldn't recommend it.
There's also the partitioning scheme, which I know that is different in the GPE version, but I don't know if that can break up your phone... So, it's up to you

About the networks, as far as I know if the device is factory unlocked, it will work in any network, someone please correct if I'm wrong.

Good luck!

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.carvalho97 View Post
If the GPE version is Dual-SIM as well, you can flash the official GPE ROM to get your Moto G a GPE-feel. Please note that this will void your warranty, so i wouldn't recommend it.
There's also the partitioning scheme, which I know that is different in the GPE version, but I don't know if that can break up your phone... So, it's up to you

About the networks, as far as I know if the device is factory unlocked, it will work in any network, someone please correct if I'm wrong.

Good luck!
Yes it will probably work but I'm worried about Internet connectivity. 😨
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

g.carvalho97
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Well, everything should work if the hardware is the same (which I think it is), but do a little search before doing it, it will be useful!