Geohot has released a version v3 of his Towelroot App which allows to root the device temporarily, even for Phones with write protection, such as our Moto G.
In the Moto X Forum people have tried it and had success in combination with the pie root method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...hread-t2801003) by using the temp_root.
The advantage would be to be able to reboot and simply use Towelroot to get root again.
Unfortunately, it doesn´t work for me. Somebody else tried it? I don´t understand why it is working for the Moto X and not for the Moto G, as they use a very similar Version of Android.
To try it follow these instructions:
Remember to apply PIE first!
1. On your device, go to http://www.towelroot.com
2. On the website press the big orange Lambda. It will start to download the .apk
3. On your device, go to Settings>Security>Unknown Sources and tick the box.
4. Run the downloaded apk, tr.apk
5. Press "welcome to towelroot" 3 times.
6. Replace the last 0 with a 1, due to modstrings.
7. make it ra1n
Can anybody explain me why it works on the Moto X?
Thank you very much!
My Android version is 176.44.1 (4.4.2).