Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't transfer nandroid backup from phone to pc?

OP B0B0D

11th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Galway
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Hi, I've just made an Online Nandroid backup of my stock rom. It's stored in the clockworkmod folder located on the internal storage, but whenever i try to copy it from that folder to my PC, it just pastes a folder named "35", which contains no files. I have no idea why it's doing this!

Help please?
11th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 360

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0B0D

Hi, I've just made an Online Nandroid backup of my stock rom. It's stored in the clockworkmod folder located on the internal storage, but whenever i try to copy it from that folder to my PC, it just pastes a folder named "35", which contains no files. I have no idea why it's doing this!

Help please?

What if you do?

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/clockworkmod
19th June 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_roamer

What if you do?

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/clockworkmod

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I made a nandroid backup using clockworkmod and I can't figure out how to get it off the Moto G and onto my computer. The above adb command just brings over two files: .recovery_version and .last_install_path.

The nandroid backup does not seem to be placed on the emulated sdcard. I can find it by using the Rom Toolbox root browser. It is in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup.

But that directory is not visible when I connect the phone via usb. I try:
E:\install\Moto G Tools\MotoG-Tools>adb pull /data/media/clockworkmod/backup
and get:
remote object '/data/media/clockworkmod/backup' does not exist

Any ideas on how I can get the backup onto my PC?
25th June 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #4  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 15

47 posts
More
Hello guys, proper path should be as below:

adb pull /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup /designated/folder/for/backup/backup.date

JP
27th June 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

61 posts
More
just use a file explorer like es and move your backup to somewhere that is visible from your comp and then just copy it over .
27th June 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

28 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmaniac

just use a file explorer like es and move your backup to somewhere that is visible from your comp and then just copy it over .

I tried that. With an 8GB Moto G I'm lucky to have enough space for one copy of the nandroid backup. When I tried to move the directory, it runs out of memory - I guess it is actually copying and deleting. I could try moving each file individually, but that is tedious and error prone and I could still run into the space problem.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanman

Hello guys, proper path should be as below:

adb pull /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup /designated/folder/for/backup/backup.date

JP

Thanks. That worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread