Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 42,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't transfer nandroid backup from phone to pc?

Tip us?

B0B0D
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Can't transfer nandroid backup from phone to pc?

Hi, I've just made an Online Nandroid backup of my stock rom. It's stored in the clockworkmod folder located on the internal storage, but whenever i try to copy it from that folder to my PC, it just pastes a folder named "35", which contains no files. I have no idea why it's doing this!

Help please?

deej_roamer
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0B0D View Post
Hi, I've just made an Online Nandroid backup of my stock rom. It's stored in the clockworkmod folder located on the internal storage, but whenever i try to copy it from that folder to my PC, it just pastes a folder named "35", which contains no files. I have no idea why it's doing this!

Help please?
What if you do?

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/clockworkmod

johninor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_roamer View Post
What if you do?

Code:
adb pull /sdcard/clockworkmod
I'm having the same problem as the OP. I made a nandroid backup using clockworkmod and I can't figure out how to get it off the Moto G and onto my computer. The above adb command just brings over two files: .recovery_version and .last_install_path.

The nandroid backup does not seem to be placed on the emulated sdcard. I can find it by using the Rom Toolbox root browser. It is in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup.

But that directory is not visible when I connect the phone via usb. I try:
E:\install\Moto G Tools\MotoG-Tools>adb pull /data/media/clockworkmod/backup
and get:
remote object '/data/media/clockworkmod/backup' does not exist

Any ideas on how I can get the backup onto my PC?

pacmanman
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hello guys, proper path should be as below:

adb pull /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup /designated/folder/for/backup/backup.date

JP

quizmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 16
just use a file explorer like es and move your backup to somewhere that is visible from your comp and then just copy it over .
Motorola Moto G

johninor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmaniac View Post
just use a file explorer like es and move your backup to somewhere that is visible from your comp and then just copy it over .
I tried that. With an 8GB Moto G I'm lucky to have enough space for one copy of the nandroid backup. When I tried to move the directory, it runs out of memory - I guess it is actually copying and deleting. I could try moving each file individually, but that is tedious and error prone and I could still run into the space problem.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanman View Post
Hello guys, proper path should be as below:

adb pull /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup /designated/folder/for/backup/backup.date

JP
Thanks. That worked.