Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G No OS!

Tip us?

SoloDoloDoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Moto G No OS!

Okay,

So I have a Moto G. I have TWRP installed and I accidentally deleted my OS, I have no ROM installed and my computer will not recognize the device. Can anyone help? Please and thank you.

bobthecooldad
Old
(Last edited by bobthecooldad; 21st March 2014 at 06:57 PM.) Reason: missed a step
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDoloDoe View Post
Okay,

So I have a Moto G. I have TWRP installed and I accidentally deleted my OS, I have no ROM installed and my computer will not recognize the device. Can anyone help? Please and thank you.
i dont own the device but if you download adb (android development). go to cmd and type adb devices

After you have donwloaded adb
Go to my computer....system properties ..... advanced system setting.... advanced.... enviromentel variables....path.. add the folder at the end with (;C:\(user)\location of adb)

xmattjus
Old
Thanks Meter 274

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDoloDoe View Post
Okay,

Just download the ROM you want to install, reboot to recovery, plug the usb cable and type "adb push (rom name).zip /sdcard/" in a terminal/console window on your PC - without quotes. You need to have installed adb, if you don't have it already just search for an installation guide with Google.

jglm4u
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Exclamation device offliine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattjus View Post
Just download the ROM you want to install, reboot to recovery, plug the usb cable and type "adb push (rom name).zip /sdcard/" in a terminal/console window on your PC - without quotes. You need to have installed adb, if you don't have it already just search for an installation guide with Google.
when i plug my device to the pc and i type adb devices i see my device listed there but it says offline! what can i do?

nightfire37
Old
Thanks Meter 120
You need yo get the adb drivers. Goto motorola's website and install the software for our device

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

provalpaypal
Old
(Last edited by provalpaypal; 11th July 2014 at 12:21 AM.) Reason: correcting
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglm4u View Post
when i plug my device to the pc and i type adb devices i see my device listed there but it says offline! what can i do?
To me the same story.I have TWRP installed and I accidentally deleted my OS.
When i plug my device to the pc and i type adb devices i see my device listed there but it says offline. NOT helping adb/USB drivers.

Answer by Motorola Support:

"We regret that after unlocking the bootloader and subsequent modification of your terminal software warranty is voided.

Also, in your specific case, we could not guarantee that your phone can be repaired. If the PCB has been damaged, the cost of repair would exceed the value of the phone, and therefore it would be irreparable."