OP ikoniq

17th August 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 3

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Considering buying an unlocked GSM Moto G, and using it on Straight Talk. I'm in the Omaha, NE area, does anybody have anything to say, good or bad, about their service in this area? Is there anything I should know about the Moto G before I go out and drop $200 on one? Is the LTE model worth it or should I just spend the extra money on the 16 GB model? Should I buy the Google Play Edition one, or would I be better suited with buying one off of the Motorola web store and putting CyanogenMod on it? Oh, so many questions, and I'd imagine this community is best suited to answer them all. Also, how unlimited is Straight Talk's unlimited data? I'm planning on using it to stream music while I'm driving and possibly at work, so having an all-you-can-use data plan tends to work in my favor. I use at a bare minimum ~3GB/month to myself.

Basically, my needs are good coverage and call quality (whose aren't?), low price (within reason), reasonable data speeds, and a relatively durable phone with an Android build that is as close to AOSP as possible. I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I know you all are the ones with the answers and the experience to back them up. I really appreciate any and all responses, even the stupid ones that make me laugh uncontrollably. I'm at work and could use the little bit of excitement. :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto g, straight talk
Previous Thread Next Thread