Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto G vs Moto G LTE

OP anonxlg

7th July 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quick question: fido says

Network and Wireless connection
LTE : AWS/2600/900/700 MHz
HSPA Bands: 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz
GSM Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Download/Upload Speeds: HSDPA 42.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
Bluetooth® 4.0
Wi-Fi®: 802.11 b/g/

I'm not sure if you are confirming it, but does this mean it will work with Wind?
The GSM (non lte) version says HSPA 1700 (aws), but the LTE version doesn't say aws beside it. Or is all HSPA 1700.. AWS?

I would go with LTE version, for the same price you get an extra feature, which will be better for resale and options in the future. Miscorsd card slot that can hold 32 gigs. There is no downfall in getting it, even if you don't need the features.
9th July 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 112

389 posts
For absolutely no price difference, OFF COUSE get the LTE version... OMG... I'm really surprised there's people saying you should buy regular version... Even if you are not planning to use it now, having such great features for about the same price is definitely the way to go...
10th July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 56

617 posts
at the end of the day we're only giving opinions people. it's the buyers choice based on reviews which version he wants to get. no need to tell that you should defiantly buy the LTE version or 3G one. it's the persons choice so don't argue about which one he buys. just post reviews
10th July 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

159 posts
More
ended up getting the lte version, unlocked it right away, working on wind now after cutting my sim to micro sim
10th July 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 56

617 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg

ended up getting the lte version, unlocked it right away, working on wind now after cutting my sim to micro sim

that's good .I cut my normal sim card to micro sim myself and now my sim card is jammed into sim port
10th July 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #16  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 368

1,338 posts
More
If you're living in a non LTE area, IMHO the only real advantage of Moto G LTE against the G is the gyro sensor. Card slot is a plus but it only comes with 8gb internal memory, that's a big disadvantage of the Moto G LTE. So i don't see it as an upgrade over Moto G. It's just another model for LTE martkets. Development wise Moto G is pretty popular, you can find it officially supported by all android dev teams. The development fate of the Moto G LTE still remain in dark.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread