FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[Q] Can Motorola have access to all our data ??!!

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By xenas, Senior Member on 10th July 2014, 08:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It seems that Motorola can have access to all our data in our Moto G (using stock firmware).

I say this because if you have problems with your Moto G, and contact them giving your Moto G - IMEI, they can tell you a lot of stuff that you have done with your Moto G.
They know all the Apps you have, the crashes those Apps have, the charger input values that you use!!! (yes this is reported by several customers), so they have access to all internal data of your Moto G !!! ???

Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned are all OFF

Can this be fixed using a custom ROM, like CM or other ?

Any ideas or experience about this data colection from Motorola ??? ...
Last edited by xenas; 10th July 2014 at 09:36 PM.
 
 
10th July 2014, 08:55 PM |#2  
NextGenGTR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenas

It seems that Motorola can have access to all our data in our Moto G (using stock firmware).

I say this because if you have problems with your Moto G, and contact them giving your Moto G - IMEI, they can tell you a lot of stuff that you have done with your Moto G.
They know all the Apps you have, the crashes those Apps have, the charger input values that you use!!! (yes this is reported by several customers), so they have access to all internal data of your Moto G !!! ???

Can this be fixed using a custom ROM, like CM or other ?

Any ideas or experience about this data colection from Motorola ??? ...

Do you have Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned On? If not then i dont know but if yes then that might be how they are gathering all the data.
10th July 2014, 09:34 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenGTR

Do you have Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned On? If not then i dont know but if yes then that might be how they are gathering all the data.

Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned are all OFF.

So...
16th July 2014, 09:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
No one have an answer for it?
16th July 2014, 10:04 PM |#5  
DaKillaWilla's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenas

No one have an answer for it?

All phone manufacturers as well as phone carriers collect your information whether or not you opt in or out.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2
17th July 2014, 01:16 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKillaWilla

All phone manufacturers as well as phone carriers collect your information whether or not you opt in or out.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2

Including credit card numbers, email passwords, and so on... ??
17th July 2014, 01:31 AM |#7  
DaKillaWilla's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenas

Including credit card numbers, email passwords, and so on... ??

All that should be encrypted.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by DaKillaWilla; 17th July 2014 at 01:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaKillaWilla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 06:48 AM |#8  
mokkami's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune (IN), Düsseldorf (DE)
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
I have no proper answer to your question.
But it would be really shocking if they are able to see every action you did with your device.
Sure i thought already that some data will be collected. But that much....?

Anyway, i have freezed many systems apps.
You can find here a list about system apps which can be removed/disabled savely.
I have disabled even more then described here.
17th July 2014, 02:51 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Itzehoe
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Info 2 Device Administrators?
Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.
But check the Device administrators under Settings->Security.
I have the Android Device Manager and
"Motorola Device Policy"
This application provides the capabilities to manage and secure your device remotely.
Could be the culprit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes