FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

[Q] cannot mount usb storage in any CWM recovery

Thanks Meter: 2
 
By silverdroid, Member on 30th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd September 2014, 02:17 AM |#11  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

Afai understand the op is asking about mounting the device as USB mass storage storage in recovery while connecting to PC... Just like the devices with SD card support can be connected as a USB storage in recovery
@op correct me if I'm wrong
If my understanding is correct with the op then you cannot mount MOTO g as a USB storage (tested in CWM & TWRP & advanced CWM)

Only solution is adb commands

hmmm yea, on second read I think you're right.
Anyway if that is what he wants, then no - he can't do that.
 
 
7th September 2014, 08:03 PM |#12  
loren82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bilbao
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Code:
adb push romnamehere.zip /sdcard/
works perfect with the usb cable connected, in touch philz 6
7th September 2014, 08:25 PM |#13  
CodyF86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 3,723
 
Donate to Me
More
ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0 built from source. Plug in USB device auto detects and mounts.

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.0
The Following User Says Thank You to CodyF86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 11:56 AM |#14  
loren82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bilbao
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86

ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0 built from source. Plug in USB device auto detects and mounts.

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.0

Does not work for me
13th September 2014, 01:25 PM |#15  
CodyF86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 3,723
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loren82

Does not work for me

Time to start the process of elimination.

USB cable / adapter, then USB storage, one of them is bad / not supported, what usb memory are you trying to mount (OTG with a usb stick or micro SD, etc etc?)

Pic below is with a microUSB to USB adapter with a microSD card adapter plugged into it with this microSD card.



err sorry saw the reply a few posts up, yeah you can't do that, but the pic above is it automounting in recovery.
Last edited by CodyF86; 13th September 2014 at 01:30 PM.
13th September 2014, 01:41 PM |#16  
loren82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bilbao
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86

Time to start the process of elimination.

USB cable / adapter, then USB storage, one of them is bad / not supported, what usb memory are you trying to mount (OTG with a usb stick or micro SD, etc etc?)

Pic below is with a microUSB to USB adapter with a microSD card adapter plugged into it with this microSD card.



err sorry saw the reply a few posts up, yeah you can't do that, but the pic above is it automounting in recovery.

What I seek, is to mount the internal memory without connecting anything OTG, so typical to spend roms or backups to the partition of the phone that emulates SD, in our xt1032

Just try the new TWRP, and I like occurs in the system administrator enabled device, I recognized the phone, but this conflict

Motorola and reinstall the device manager, but still the same
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2935591  
13th September 2014, 02:11 PM |#17  
CodyF86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 3,723
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loren82

What I seek, is to mount the internal memory without connecting anything OTG, so typical to spend roms or backups to the partition of the phone that emulates SD, in our xt1032

Just try the new TWRP, and I like occurs in the system administrator enabled device, I recognized the phone, but this conflict

Motorola and reinstall the device manager, but still the same

Ohhh yeah the MTP mode...well let me tell you a story about that lol.

When I first got my phone MTP mode worked fine plugged in with USB to my computer, then a week or so later the drive would start saying it couldn't be installed when I plugged it in.

From what I've googled windows can develop a problem where the MTP driver fails to load properly. I haven't done it yet, but try to connect it to a different computer and see if it loads the driver properly. I'll try it on a different computer later today also.

If it does work on another computer, then I haven't found good way to fix the problem other than reinstall the OS, which is drastic.

Google MTP driver not working and you'll see a lot of results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, usb storage
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes