Ask a question

No registration required

Push/Sideload a Zip File without the USB debugging

OP El Niņo Gordo

18th August 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Is it possible? I tried a couple of methods but it always ended up with the "error: device not found". My solution was to put it in the sdcard and spare it from any kind of wipe but i'm a curious person and i'd like to hear more opinions. Long story short is it possible to run a .zip file from the bootloader/recovery without booting the Phone first to enable the USB debugging?
21st August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,368

1,831 posts
It's possible in recovery on Linux. I've done it in Ubuntu. I can't do it in WinXP, but maybe it's possible in newer versions of Windows.
22nd August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 10

44 posts
My logic is: you can always use fastboot commands when in bootloader. But adb commands in recovery require the device to be recognized. This is a bit of a pain in the *ss because mostly Windows doesn't install the drivers correctly when you are in recovery mode. In your device tree it is recognized as a unknown device and you have to install the motorola drivers manually. Then you can use adb to push pull files i guess.
24th August 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,368

1,831 posts
I've confirmed ADB push works in TWRP Recovery (probably others), on a PC running Windows 7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread