Push/Sideload a Zip File without the USB debugging

Search This thread
Aug 10, 2014
Is it possible? I tried a couple of methods but it always ended up with the "error: device not found". My solution was to put it in the sdcard and spare it from any kind of wipe but i'm a curious person and i'd like to hear more opinions. Long story short is it possible to run a .zip file from the bootloader/recovery without booting the Phone first to enable the USB debugging?

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
It's possible in recovery on Linux. I've done it in Ubuntu. I can't do it in WinXP, but maybe it's possible in newer versions of Windows.

Liberr

Mar 2, 2014
Amsterdam
My logic is: you can always use fastboot commands when in bootloader. But adb commands in recovery require the device to be recognized. This is a bit of a pain in the *ss because mostly Windows doesn't install the drivers correctly when you are in recovery mode. In your device tree it is recognized as a unknown device and you have to install the motorola drivers manually. Then you can use adb to push pull files i guess.

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I've confirmed ADB push works in TWRP Recovery (probably others), on a PC running Windows 7.