Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about Llama

Tip us?

EMINENT1
Old
(Last edited by EMINENT1; 7th July 2014 at 02:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Question about Llama

I have this Moto G 3G Verizon model I'm using for an app for a radar detector. There is no service on it. I've turned off voice/Moto services, and anything that would be using battery when it's off. I am trying to use Llama to have an event turn off location when on battery and on when it's charging. Currently running into an issue where I have more drain than I want. I've also noticed in Llama when I select the location action, it says it may not work. Location toggle remains on too after I check. Is this because of the stock version and I need to be rooted?

EMINENT1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMINENT1 View Post
I have this Moto G 3G Verizon model I'm using for an app for a radar detector. There is no service on it. I've turned off voice/Moto services, and anything that would be using battery when it's off. I am trying to use Llama to have an event turn off location when on battery and on when it's charging. Currently running into an issue where I have more drain than I want. I've also noticed in Llama when I select the location action, it says it may not work. Location toggle remains on too after I check. Is this because of the stock version and I need to be rooted?
Anyone have a recommendation?

72off
Old
Thanks Meter 50
An app might turn off location on JB 4.3 but not on KK 4.4.2 and olders
unless app is a device manager, on newer android it will require user to click on the on/off button

Root maybe work and maybe not,depends if the app try to use the root way to turn of the location service

llama is a service that runs 24h so expect it to drain baterry, maybe it's using more because location should be off and it keeps trying to shutdown every second and fails and try again....