How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Questions]Moto G GPE

OP Clarkiieh

23rd June 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
Clarkiieh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
I have a few questions before I convert to moto g
1. Does the Moto Tool actually convert your phone? (Does it work?)
2. Is their anyone with the GPE boot animation I can flash??
3. Will converting let me download Google apps from the play store that are only for GPE specific phone?

And the most important one..
What custom recoveries work with GPE variant?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #2  
Clarkiieh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
None care to help?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
ToastnButter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rybnik/Kraków
Thanks Meter: 90
 
191 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
1. It just flashes the GPE firmware. Don't know how you define "converting" something.
2. I have no idea what you meant by this.
3. Yes. At least that was the case with the Googne Now Launcher which I desperately wanted.

And the recovery you use doesn't really matter.
24th June 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastnButter

1. It just flashes the GPE firmware. Don't know how you define "converting" something.
2. I have no idea what you meant by this.
3. Yes. At least that was the case with the Googne Now Launcher which I desperately wanted.

And the recovery you use doesn't really matter.

you realise you could have had the Google launcher without changing to GPE.

the apk isn't exactly hard to find.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #5  
Clarkiieh's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Yeah but I like the Boot Animation as well and the stock android feel

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #6  
vhngu930's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
657 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh

Yeah but I like the Boot Animation as well and the stock android feel

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The stock ROM is almost pure stock anyway. You can just Google the bootanimation for xhdpi.
24th June 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh

I have a few questions before I convert to moto g
1. Does the Moto Tool actually convert your phone? (Does it work?)
2. Is their anyone with the GPE boot animation I can flash??
3. Will converting let me download Google apps from the play store that are only for GPE specific phone?

And the most important one..
What custom recoveries work with GPE variant?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quote:

fastboot flash logo logo.bin

GPE variant works with all if i remember correctly but i recommend TWRP. I "converted" my XT1028 (Verizon) to GPE and stopped receiving 3g.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UNZIP ME.zip - [Click for QR Code] (19.9 KB, 5 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes