[Q] some questions regarding rooting my XT1033 dual sim Moto G
I have Moto G XT1033 dual sim indian version
After using it for a month, i found it has these quirks (and some more)
- 1. Same ringtones, message tone for both the SIMs
samsung galaxy phones can set different ringtones for different SIMs
- 2. No option to call from SIM1 or SIM2 in dialer, needs one more touch to select SIM
- 3. Few settings in Quick Settings
- 4. No toggles in notifications (I use Power Toggles for this now though)
- 5. No option to clear all recent apps as in samsung phones
As far as i researched 3,4,5 can be fixed by Xposed framework by gravitybox
Xposed framework should give me more tweaks on my stock ROM like numeric battery percentage
IMP: Can 1,2 be fixed by some method/app
So for installing Xposed we need root, therefore i am interested in rooting my phone
i have a few questions regarding this.
Warranty related questions
- 1. What kind of issues are covered and not covered under warranty?
What hardware issues are covered? Is there an accidental damage warranty too,
say in case i drop my device in water and it stops functioning. What is not covered?
- 2. Rooting voids warranty. Okay. But what does it mean?
Will service center people not entertain any (hardware) problems on my device
OR they will entertain but will charge for them as if my warranty has expired
Xposed related questions
- 3. Is Xposed framework (as of date) fully functional on Moto G specially dual sim version on 4.4.4?
- 4. Will there be any hangs or lags if it is installed properly
- 5. Will its plugins cause things like force close etc.
- 6. Which plugins to install in exposed framework?
Rooting related questions
- 7. Will unlocking bootloader factory reset the device and delete everything on device? I think so, plz confirm
- 8. assuming that on stock rooted ROM and after installing custom recovery, can i more back to stock recovery for installing OTA?
- 9. How can i safely factory reset the device after installing custom recovery?
I have read doing factory reset makes the device go into boot-loop
- 10. Please tell the links to stock rom urls (indian dual sim version) in case i flash a custom rom
device related questions
- 11. How to switch off the phone (esp when phone is in boot-loop)
pressing power button for around 5-6 seconds reboots the phone
to power off, the only way i know is to select power off from the power menu
is there another way? like pressing power button for a longer time
recovery related questions
- 12. I saw on forums that there are 3 recoveries for this phone
cwm, cwm touch (philZ) and twrp, can we install any of them?
Since this phone does not have a SD card, will we be able to transfer data from PC to phone and vice versa WHILE we are in recovery
Is there a working 'mount USB mass storage' for this phone in the recoveries