Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RC-FAQ]>> Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto 4G/LTE [Updated: 2014/09/13]

Tip us?

TimSmall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddfeld View Post
Did you flash the gpt.bin from that package first? 4.4.4 has a different partition structure, and maybe it's rejecting the individual partition .img files because they're the wrong size for its current partitions.
The phone was already running 4.4.4 as shipped from Tesco (same release version as the retail one I was trying to flash), and the partition table has the same start/end sectors for all partitions in both the retail and Tesco 4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.46_cid7_CFC_1FF firmware packages. The error on the phone screen when attempting to flash the system images was 'verification failed', but flashing other images worked OK.

Quote:
As you're in the UK, I would just go ahead and unlock your bootloader [...] piana.eu/root unlocking your bootloader is allowed by law [...]

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

actually they can't, they're bound by their own voluntary warranties too - I should've read the rest of the link I posted...
Handy link - thanks. Re their voluntary warranty, as they state in their warranty that it doesn't cover "Products that have been modified", then I suppose they can probably say that you can't claim under their voluntary warranty when you unlock the bootloader - however since the Motorola voluntary warranty seems to provide less and shorter cover than the EU-mandated one, that probably doesn't matter much!

Tim.

Oddfeld
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSmall View Post
Handy link - thanks. Re their voluntary warranty, as they state in their warranty that it doesn't cover "Products that have been modified", then I suppose they can probably say that you can't claim under their voluntary warranty when you unlock the bootloader - however since the Motorola voluntary warranty seems to provide less and shorter cover than the EU-mandated one, that probably doesn't matter much!
That's the point - the EU laws trump the restrictions in their warranty. As they aren't allowed by EU law to prohibit you from unlocking the bootloader, at least for interoperability reasons, you get to just ignore that stipulation in their warranty and they're still bound by the rest of it, I believe. They would likely argue otherwise, as may Tesco, but the law and Trading Standards would be on your side - likely they'd settle any dispute before you took them to the small claims court and set legal precedent.

Apple were fined in the Belgian courts last year for effectively misselling AppleCare with iPhones, since in the EU they're bound to provide much the same sort of cover for 2 years anyway for free.

wrbl
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
My moto g screen sometime turns complately black. Can anybody tell me what can be the problem? I have the 4.4.4 GB retail.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

dancingtortoise
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Are the regular moto g kernels compatible with the moto g LTE version?

Thanks.
Aka dancingtortoise

jmcollis
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingtortoise View Post
Are the regular moto g kernels compatible with the moto g LTE version?

Thanks.
Almost certainly not as far as I can tell. The source-code provided by Motorola under the terms of the Open source licensing that the Linux kernel requires, is different between the falcon (i.e. standard Moto G) and peregrine (i.e. Moto G LTE) models.
John from New Zealand.

Phone: Motorola Moto G LTE - Stock so far!

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013 edition) (flo)
Daily ROM: Currently Paranoid Android as my main ROM, sometimes trying something else to compare, if itchy flashaholicism strikes!
Kernel: ElementalX or whatever is stock with the ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcollis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancingtortoise
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcollis View Post
Almost certainly not as far as I can tell. The source-code provided by Motorola under the terms of the Open source licensing that the Linux kernel requires, is different between the falcon (i.e. standard Moto G) and peregrine (i.e. Moto G LTE) models.
Ah OK thank you. No kernel love for the lte I guess....
Aka dancingtortoise

Scorpius666
Old
(Last edited by Scorpius666; 7th September 2014 at 01:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Is there any difference in hardware between the XT1039 and the XT1045?

It's just that I would like to use the LTE band 3 (1800 MHz) in the XT1045 and maybe flashing the radio is enough.

agusaon
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Give us some love to the lte users [emoji22]