Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[RC-FAQ]>> Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto 4G/LTE [Updated: 2014/11/29]

26th February 2015, 09:50 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 919

3,509 posts
More
Wow, this is your first thanked post
Which variant do you have, by the way? Edit: Nevermind, same as mine.
8th March 2015, 09:31 AM |#122  
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Kalender stopped; Gallery: no extern storage
Deleted
Last edited by Wickie69; 11th March 2015 at 06:34 AM.
12th March 2015, 09:52 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I didn't read through every single page of this thread, and I do apologize if it has already been answered. Cricket? I've been flashing and using custom ROMs and Kernals for about 3 1/2 years now, I went from HTC Evo V on Virgin Mobile, to the Galaxy S3 on Sprint, I've never had a problem, and if I did, it was way to easy to fix to call it a problem. My current girlfriend had a Galaxy S4 on Cricket, with their old towers. I convinced her to let me put a custom ROM on it (CM11), but when I did, it seriously ****ed it up, and even when I flashed back to the backup and stock, her radio signal would not work, I tried everything from apns, to dial codes, NOTHING would work. Eventually we sent it in for a waranty swap and thank god even after the flashing it, the waranty went through and she got a new S4. She since hasn't trusted me to customize her phone/s. I deserved it but, it pissed me off because I seriously did hours of research before I flashed, and after I flashed, I did more to try to fix the problem. She now has a Moto G (Cricket switched towers with AT&T and she had to get rid of her S4 and buy a phone she could afford, which side note, was the most BS thing Cricket could have done to her imho...),
Back to my question. With Crickets Moto G, is there ANYTHING I need to be aware of before unlocking the bootloader, and rooting and flashing her Moto G on Cricket? She's willing to let me try again, but I want her to love the experience of having the customizations that these roms offer, and not be worried about her radio getting ****ed up again.
Thanks for your patients anyone who's willing to help me.
I also know that a lot of people here say things like, "If you don't know what you're doing, than why did you do it" "don't do it if you're not comfortable" yes I know the disclaimers. But like I said, this isn't my first time doing this, I have at least a little experience under my belt that I'm willing to tinker with all my devices, and learn new things. I just want to be 100% confident that I don't screw hers up. She absolutely HATES her Moto G, but all I hear on the internet is that it's a pretty great low budget device, but I never hear about this with it being stock. I want her to be able to enjoy her phone that she was forced into, so she doesn't feel like it's a pos.
Again thanks in advance for anyones help. PM me if I'm posting in the wrong place, and if you don't mind directing me to the right one. I'm not even sure which Android Development forum would be the best for her Cricket Moto G.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread