[RC-FAQ]>> Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto 4G/LTE [Updated: 2015/09/23]

3,188 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,986
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th June 2015, 02:09 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 24
Originally Posted by diyasting

updated my xt1039 yesterday but after a day with the official 5.1 lollipop, my moto g's homescreen display died.

My XT039 EU Retail updated without problems.

Another questions:
1. How to reset battery stats. Lollipop update has messed here.
2. Battery usage details show that WiFi is always on (even if it's not and also background scanning/public network notification are off).
Any remedy?

Edit. Lillipop had to settle itself a little apparently, after 2/3 days it is OK now.
Even new Gmail which sometimes can eat the battery out for some people settled itself (Gmail + outlook accounts)
Last edited by adxuser; 1st July 2015 at 11:01 AM.
3rd July 2015, 06:36 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 0
I need help. I was using KK and everything was working fine. So I installed lolipop xt1039 stock version, the sim and wifi werent working and I got the smd whatever service force close.
So I did the update of the radio firmware and the wifi started working but the sim chip has not.
I tried everything... Wiped cache, data, dalvinik... still nothing makes the sim card work
I even tried going back to KK and reverting the radio firmware but even in KK the sim chip is not being recognized anymore.
I managed to install recovery TWRP-v2.8.3.0, the latest peregrin build that I found in this forum.
Made a full wipe, factory, data, you name it.
After this I installed android 4.4.4 via fastboot
using the steps in this thread

And still no network. Wifi and gps works just fine, but no sim is detected.

The sim is working just fine, I tested it on other phone and it works. I also tested another sim chip that was working in my other phone into my moto g and no luck so far.
Last edited by flivon; 3rd July 2015 at 06:40 AM.
15th July 2015, 04:45 AM |#143  
Flag São Paulo, SP
Thanks Meter: 36
Donate to Me
Brazil Have a RETAIL XT1039...
2nd September 2015, 02:05 AM |#144  
how do you check the radio version?
6th September 2015, 04:23 PM |#145  
Finding no signal (XT1039)
I hope, I am at the right spot with my question in this thread.
I have a Moto G LTE first gen and it cannot find a cell signal any more. The moto g runs with stock android 4.4.4. and I already tested the sim-card in another smartphone, which runs perfectly fine. summed up my problem and I already tried the solutions mentioned there (Restart smartphone or turn of plane mode). None of these helped and in some other forum I was asked to factory reset my moto g. That did not help either.

Unfortunately i am not allowed to post links as a newcomer. The site I mentioned earlier is and the article-title is "16 glitches and bugs with the Moto G, and how to fix them". This should be enough to find it.

So my question is: Does anyone have an idea how to "repair" my moto g such that it finds signal again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread