Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question [Q] Moto G Kitkat doesn't show SIM contacts

OP Gromit2005

28th January 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
I have just received my Moto G and upgraded it to 4.4.2.
When I inserted my SIM, the dialer didn't show any of my SIM contacts, only the contacts from Google.
I did select "All Contacts" in the dialer's menu, but it didn't help.

The contacts are on the SIM, SIM management apps can see them.
I don't want to import the contacts, want to keep them in SIM - is it possible?
28th January 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #2  
Nandeh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VLC
Thanks Meter: 240
 
924 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit2005

I have just received my Moto G and upgraded it to 4.4.2.
When I inserted my SIM, the dialer didn't show any of my SIM contacts, only the contacts from Google.
I did select "All Contacts" in the dialer's menu, but it didn't help.

The contacts are on the SIM, SIM management apps can see them.
I don't want to import the contacts, want to keep them in SIM - is it possible?

No offense, but what's the point of use SIM to save contacts actually, having a Google account?
28th January 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandeh

No offense, but what's the point of use SIM to save contacts actually, having a Google account?


That way I can switch the SIM to another phone and use it, no matter what the device/OS is, even a dumbphone.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
9th March 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Same issue
Even I am facing the same issue. I have some 703 contacts stored on gmail, including many email addresses that I no longer need and weir names from google plus and facebook. I have 99 contacts saved on my sim which I regularly use but there is no way to see them in the 'people' app. There is an import/export option, but even after importing my contacts I can't see them. Any solutions?
26th March 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzy24

Even I am facing the same issue. I have some 703 contacts stored on gmail, including many email addresses that I no longer need and weir names from google plus and facebook. I have 99 contacts saved on my sim which I regularly use but there is no way to see them in the 'people' app. There is an import/export option, but even after importing my contacts I can't see them. Any solutions?

You'll have to go to contacts (app/widget) then options..import..import from SIM.
26th March 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIT99

You'll have to go to contacts (app/widget) then options..import..import from SIM.

As I mentioned above, even after I import the contacts I can't see them until gmail contacts are ticked.. so the phone is storing the SIM contacts in the gmail contacts and you can't use only your SIM contacts

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #7  
ebsbow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 51
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
I have to say I concur with this annoyance. I can't even edit my sim contacts.
Seriously, I would like to keep my contacts on my sim card not only in Google's portfolio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzy24

As I mentioned above, even after I import the contacts I can't see them until gmail contacts are ticked.. so the phone is storing the SIM contacts in the gmail contacts and you can't use only your SIM contacts

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to ebsbow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsbow

I have to say I concur with this annoyance. I can't even edit my sim contacts.
Seriously, I would like to keep my contacts on my sim card not only in Google's portfolio.

I see this as a Goog strategy to force user to use the Google contacts ..heck, it even wants me to start using Hangouts to manage my texts.
For now, if you want to view, export, import SIM contacts, use an independent app like 'Copy to SIM' from play store.
The Following User Says Thank You to JIT99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #9  
ebsbow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 51
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Or maybe install an 3th party dialer, forgot about that possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebsbow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Thumbs down moto g 4g
i can not select sim contact on moto g 8gb 4g ive downloaded sim contacts from google play store when i need to viewe contacts from sim i check it from sim contact app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
contacts, kitkat 4.4, moto g, sim
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes