OP nilanko

28th June 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?

Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?
Last edited by nilanko; 28th June 2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: New related question
28th June 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
Noo... nothing like that u cn use....i m using it...also have more modules too..nvr had any problm.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanko

Has anybody tried the xposed framework? Phone is rooted and I want to use the "keep notifications" feature which requires xposed. I have read the xposed threads and it seems like its very unstable n had loads of bugs and can also almost brick the phone. Has any body tried greenify with xposed? Has anybody installed xposed successfully on moto g?Are there any problems on moto g due to xposed?

Xposed gets unstable if you use lots of modules and especially some exotic ones.Otherwise you wont even notice that it's there.
28th June 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

145 posts
More
I concur. Used Xposed with the GravityBox and BootManager modules for several months on my previous phone and never had any problem. I guess you could get bugs if you activate different modules that perform the same modifications, though. They might conflict with one another, I guess.
28th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks guys for the help. I did install and activate it and rebooted. I activated the greenify module and rebooted again. Then I turned on the "keep notiifcations" feature in greenify and rebooted yet again. Now another problem quietly bombarded upon my face. I am simply not getting any notification for the hibernated apps. For example, let's take the Facebook's messenger app. It is hibernated. I asked my friend to send me a message just to see if I got any notification. I simply didn't. Any solutions to this?
28th June 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #6  

145 posts
More
Yes : uninstall Greenify
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.
28th June 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 115

445 posts
More
I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.
28th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbM_

Yes : uninstall Greenify
I never noticed any real difference in battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

I am seriously considering giving up on greenify for a while and see if it goes well, maybe back to use ART in this case for uninstalling xposed. I feel the battery impact is not that huge at all.

Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.
28th June 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 115

445 posts
More
Quote:

Guys, I don't use Greenify for saving battery, I use it for getting some free RAM. These apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, etc always keep running in the background and hog memory and impact game performance. Also, when these apps receive messages and a notification comes up, the running game lags for some seconds badly. One solution is turning the wifi off. But still, these apps do try to connect when running in the background and thus they do have some sort of activity going on. Also, they eat RAM and depriving the game of memory and thus slowing it down.

In that case simply enable "GCM Push notifications" on experimental features, all the pushes that come within GCM will work properly - well, quite properly since it lags the notifications a bit on my end.
28th June 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #10  

145 posts
More
Quote:

Oh OK. I don't play on my phone so wasn't aware of this, sorry.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread