[Q] Stock Kernel - Add frequencies and/or governors

Search This thread

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
Hi community:

I wanted to know if there's some way to edit frequency values on the stock kernel and hopefully to add new governors. I tried some custom kernels but right now I want to stick to the stock kernel because I read that it has a proprietary driver that manages CPU (MPdecision I think it is).
I would be willing to compile, test and stuff on my device but if someone knows an easier trick (build prop or stuff) I'll gladly appreciate it.
Also if there's a stock-based customized kernel out there with such capabilities (I searched but all are AOSP based) I would try it.

theonecallednick

Oct 5, 2014
kathmandu
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi community:

I wanted to know if there's some way to edit frequency values on the stock kernel and hopefully to add new governors. I tried some custom kernels but right now I want to stick to the stock kernel because I read that it has a proprietary driver that manages CPU (MPdecision I think it is).
I would be willing to compile, test and stuff on my device but if someone knows an easier trick (build prop or stuff) I'll gladly appreciate it.
Also if there's a stock-based customized kernel out there with such capabilities (I searched but all are AOSP based) I would try it.
i don't know if it works but try using engineering mode..