[Q] Stock Kernel - Add frequencies and/or governors

OP ZareliMan

4th September 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

180 posts
Hi community:

I wanted to know if there's some way to edit frequency values on the stock kernel and hopefully to add new governors. I tried some custom kernels but right now I want to stick to the stock kernel because I read that it has a proprietary driver that manages CPU (MPdecision I think it is).
I would be willing to compile, test and stuff on my device but if someone knows an easier trick (build prop or stuff) I'll gladly appreciate it.
Also if there's a stock-based customized kernel out there with such capabilities (I searched but all are AOSP based) I would try it.
8th October 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 7

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan

Hi community:

I wanted to know if there's some way to edit frequency values on the stock kernel and hopefully to add new governors. I tried some custom kernels but right now I want to stick to the stock kernel because I read that it has a proprietary driver that manages CPU (MPdecision I think it is).
I would be willing to compile, test and stuff on my device but if someone knows an easier trick (build prop or stuff) I'll gladly appreciate it.
Also if there's a stock-based customized kernel out there with such capabilities (I searched but all are AOSP based) I would try it.

i don't know if it works but try using engineering mode..
8th October 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,065

1,543 posts
This app was mentioned on XDA news today - claims to let you tweak CPU: (no mention of it requiring a custom kernel)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ttery-t2890061
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread