Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Insufficient Storage Available

Tip us?

FriendlyZombie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Insufficient Storage Available

I get this message when I try to install almost any application on my 2 day old Moto G. The first day i got the Moto G i installed all the core apps with a few more, then I installed lucky pitcher. After that News and Weather got a huge update so when I try to update it would come up with the message. Since then I couldn't Install almost anything (except a few games were install-able). I have tried basically everything:
- re flashing gapps
- wiping cache of all apps
- wiping play store data
- uninstalling an app that had an update (which I couldn't install) then getting the message when trying to re install it)
- deleting app-lib folder of the News And Weather app (none of the others were ever installed so there was no app-lib)
- deleting Everything that has to do with News And Weather (I re flashed gapps to get it back)
- downloading from internet as apk (get another message saying basically the same thing)
- uninstalling not needed apps

And nothing worked. I have 3.5 gigabytes of this 8GB Moto G left.

Thanks

pfufle
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Give it a factory reset from the recovery... Go into fast boot (power off button and then press volume down and power button simultaneously for around seven seconds)...then press the volume down button once and then the volume up button to boot into recovery...Then keep both the volume buttons pressed for 20 seconds and, after these 20 seconds, while keeping the volume buttons pressed, tap the power button...you will see an option to wipe data and factory reset... Take a backup of all your data first...