Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't delete user data and factory reset

Tip us?

Jorge BCN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't delete user data and factory reset

Hi,

My phone started to fail and give me a lot of errors that it was stopping initiator, android.process.acore, etc... and got stuck in this errors, having to accept the error dialogs all the time and being impossible to make anything with it.

I tried to reset my moto G and wipe all user data. I entered fastboot mode (couldn't do it form phone normal menu) and made a factory reset. No changes after reboot.

Then I tried to reinstall firmware. I've made all the steps in several tutorials found here. The bootloader is unlocked, I put the last firmware , entered recovery mode and ask for wipe/reset user data, but when the phone reboots, there are no changes: I have again the personalized screen image and the gesture blocking, as if the user data remains there, and all the errors.

Is there any way to erase all user data and leave the phone as the first day? Am I making something wrong or need to make something more?

Thanks in advance

BobbaLouie
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Sounds like you might have encrypted it?

Jorge BCN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbaLouie View Post
Sounds like you might have encrypted it?
Not consciously, the phone had normal use....

BobbaLouie
Old
Thanks Meter 100
If it was encrypted you'd have to enter a password before it even got to the boot logo, so it would be very obvious.

Jorge BCN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbaLouie View Post
If it was encrypted you'd have to enter a password before it even got to the boot logo, so it would be very obvious.
Then, it is not encrypted.

thanks

MoseIlla
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge BCN View Post
Hi,

My phone started to fail and give me a lot of errors that it was stopping initiator, android.process.acore, etc... and got stuck in this errors, having to accept the error dialogs all the time and being impossible to make anything with it.

I tried to reset my moto G and wipe all user data. I entered fastboot mode (couldn't do it form phone normal menu) and made a factory reset. No changes after reboot.

Then I tried to reinstall firmware. I've made all the steps in several tutorials found here. The bootloader is unlocked, I put the last firmware , entered recovery mode and ask for wipe/reset user data, but when the phone reboots, there are no changes: I have again the personalized screen image and the gesture blocking, as if the user data remains there, and all the errors.

Is there any way to erase all user data and leave the phone as the first day? Am I making something wrong or need to make something more?

Thanks in advance
Are you rooted? If so, you might have to FORMAT your phone, which will erase even your storage. I used TWRP and my phone just factory reset after I formatted. I think there must've been some sort of corruption.

KVCmoto
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Try clearing data,cache,dalvik cache and reflashing the ROM..if all fails try to clear data and flash the stock ROM through fastboot mode.

Jorge BCN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVCmoto View Post
Try clearing data,cache,dalvik cache and reflashing the ROM..if all fails try to clear data and flash the stock ROM through fastboot mode.
I've made it all, but when reboot, there is the same data there....

Neither can't root the phone, when I make adb sideload supersu.zip, I receive a installation aborted error after verification of the file....

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

KVCmoto
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I've made it all, but when reboot, there is the same data there....

Neither can't root the phone, when I make adb sideload supersu.zip, I receive a installation aborted error after verification of the file....

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Flash the stock ROM once more through boot loader http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219

MoseIlla
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you have TWRP installed and your data backed up, I would highly suggest formatting your phone. My phone was having heaps of trouble, including random reboots, the inability for factory data reset, it was slow, having wake time issues, all sorts of shiz. One reformat and it was all better.