Unhappy

glue for screen ?

27th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
Hello,
After changing the screen of my moto G, the new one is no longer stuck and is moving.... I had to remove the original glue (tape?) with an hair dryer.
My question is : with what I then paste the screen?
thanks a lot
27th August 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 68

293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil77560

Hello,
After changing the screen of my moto G, the new one is no longer stuck and is moving.... I had to remove the original glue (tape?) with an hair dryer.
My question is : with what I then paste the screen?
thanks a lot

This is a very annoying problem of the chinese displays that come with a frame or pre-applied tape.
The display+lcd assembly is too heavy to be held by any normal 2-sided tape (3M 300LSE for example).

After hours of checking how the original thing was made it turned out that it has a rubber-like gasket that is glued to the frame, which acts as bonding surface for the 2nd glue used to hold the digitizer to the frame.

These are all my own findings, sadly no pne is discussing this problem anywhere or at least I didn't find any.

I've used a transparent epoxy (65-70% resin ~30-35% oxidizer so the compound hardens slower).Use a wooden tooth pick to apply the glue on the frame, don't put to much of it, just a hair-thin line.

Put the screen on and press it well and be ready to clean off any glue that may come out of the edges. The epoxy is easy to clean until it's set, use isopropyl alcohol 99% or some dry contact cleaner with a cotton cloth or kitchen paper.

The drawback of using epoxy is once it's set, you won't be able to remove the screen from the frame by any viable means.This is not a problem tho, since you can buy the whole assembly, should you need to replace the screen again.

Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liveroy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts

Thanks a lot for your tip.
I'm gonna look for epoxy and try to do as well as you
Thank a lot once more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread