No registration required

[Q] Stock ROM + DSP?

OP aidennwitz

10th August 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

71 posts
Hi,

I love my phone, but I think its stock DSP manager leaves a lot to be desired. What are my options if I wanted a stock-like stability (as few bugs as possible) with DSP manager like in CM (with proper equalizer and custom settings)?

I can unlock my bootloader and flash custom roms without any problem, it's just that I'm worried they'll be more buggy than stock.
Last edited by aidennwitz; 10th August 2014 at 12:20 PM.
10th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Sofia
Thanks Meter: 13

33 posts
If I were you I'd stay stock, root and install Viper4android, which is imo the ultimate sound equalizer. If you listen to music through headphones and switch to a custom ROM you will notice the sound volume is lower. Read about possible workarounds and discussions on the matter here http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...itkat-t2830060
The Following User Says Thank You to hottu_doggu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 149

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidennwitz

Hi,

I love my phone, but I think its stock DSP manager leaves a lot to be desired. What are my options if I wanted a stock-like stability (as few bugs as possible) with DSP manager like in CM (with proper equalizer and custom settings)?

I can unlock my bootloader and flash custom roms without any problem, it's just that I'm worried they'll be more buggy than stock.

U can get dsp managerfrom this application from playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dekkers.cmapps
The Following User Says Thank You to abhi0502 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

71 posts
Thanks, guys. I'm going to try V4A first, because it sounds nice. That volume issue with CM11 sounds like I better stay @ stock. I have no issues with Motorola's 4.4.4 (except their crappy DSP) anyway.

--edit--

That said, since unlocking the bootloader wipes the device, I might get a modified 4.4.4 based on stock there and/or maybe switch the kernel too. Any tips here?
Last edited by aidennwitz; 10th August 2014 at 03:41 PM.
10th August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #5  
Sofia
Thanks Meter: 13

33 posts
I'm not aware if there are any modified stock roms. Make a backup right after you install custom recovery. Then you'll be able to experiment with popular stock-compatible kernels and recover whenever you don't like the kernel or the rom breaks. It's not allowed to discuss which kernel is the best so I suggest reading through their features and user feedback. Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread