5,814,633 Members 53,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock ROM + DSP?

Tip us?

aidennwitz
Old
(Last edited by aidennwitz; 10th August 2014 at 11:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Stock ROM + DSP?

Hi,

I love my phone, but I think its stock DSP manager leaves a lot to be desired. What are my options if I wanted a stock-like stability (as few bugs as possible) with DSP manager like in CM (with proper equalizer and custom settings)?

I can unlock my bootloader and flash custom roms without any problem, it's just that I'm worried they'll be more buggy than stock.

hottu_doggu
Old
Thanks Meter 12
If I were you I'd stay stock, root and install Viper4android, which is imo the ultimate sound equalizer. If you listen to music through headphones and switch to a custom ROM you will notice the sound volume is lower. Read about possible workarounds and discussions on the matter here http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...itkat-t2830060
The Following User Says Thank You to hottu_doggu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhi0502
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidennwitz View Post
Hi,

I love my phone, but I think its stock DSP manager leaves a lot to be desired. What are my options if I wanted a stock-like stability (as few bugs as possible) with DSP manager like in CM (with proper equalizer and custom settings)?

I can unlock my bootloader and flash custom roms without any problem, it's just that I'm worried they'll be more buggy than stock.
U can get dsp managerfrom this application from playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dekkers.cmapps
The Following User Says Thank You to abhi0502 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aidennwitz
Old
(Last edited by aidennwitz; 10th August 2014 at 02:41 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Thanks, guys. I'm going to try V4A first, because it sounds nice. That volume issue with CM11 sounds like I better stay @ stock. I have no issues with Motorola's 4.4.4 (except their crappy DSP) anyway.

--edit--

That said, since unlocking the bootloader wipes the device, I might get a modified 4.4.4 based on stock there and/or maybe switch the kernel too. Any tips here?

hottu_doggu
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm not aware if there are any modified stock roms. Make a backup right after you install custom recovery. Then you'll be able to experiment with popular stock-compatible kernels and recover whenever you don't like the kernel or the rom breaks. It's not allowed to discuss which kernel is the best so I suggest reading through their features and user feedback. Good luck!