XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

[Q] Suggestions to remove scratches from the gorilla glass ?

OP ZareliMan

4th September 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

174 posts
Hi community
I've seen some posts regarding scratch removal on other devices but decided to post it in the dedicated Moto G forum because I don't think all the devices have the same quality on the screen even if they also have gorilla glass 3.
I have 2 scratches, quite deep, but the rest of the screen is immaculate so I don't know if I would cause more harm or if I can soften the 2 scratches without more damage.
I don't know how it got the scratches but I think it might have been some sand particle or ash.
I tried toothpaste but didn't work, any suggestion ?
Last edited by ZareliMan; 4th September 2014 at 02:06 AM.
4th September 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 121

320 posts
More
How do you think this is possible? Scratches cant be removed..
4th September 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckozZ

How do you think this is possible? Scratches cant be removed..

The scratches won't be removed, instead you polish the whole surface making the scratch dissapear (I know scratches can't be filled tho).

This guy got pretty decent results:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129
4th September 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 121

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan

The scratches won't be removed, instead you polish the whole surface making the scratch dissapear (I know scratches can't be filled tho).

This guy got pretty decent results:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129

I always imagined a solution like that but never tried before.. Hats off
4th September 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
clear nail polish?
4th September 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Donate to Me
Try a polish .
Anyway i used to have a Razr Maxx, with gorilla glass 1st generation, 6 months and there was no stratch on it.
So Moto G, with this 3rd gen of Gorilla glass i don't think that i need any screen protector.
But after reading this post, hahaha. Ya maybe i have to think about buying a screen protector. Maybe just maybe
4th September 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didit456

Try a polish .
Anyway i used to have a Razr Maxx, with gorilla glass 1st generation, 6 months and there was no stratch on it.
So Moto G, with this 3rd gen of Gorilla glass i don't think that i need any screen protector.
But after reading this post, hahaha. Ya maybe i have to think about buying a screen protector. Maybe just maybe

I thought I didn't need one either, unluckily there's some grittle or little sand particles that CAN get near your screen and that actually ARE harder in the scale so they will scratch the glass and you will hardly see them (that's why I don't believe in "dust resistant" phones, because sand contains crystals that are among the hardest materials out there).

However, I still think that a plastic screen protector on a gorilla glass screen is a terrible idea, it reduces transparency, is a soft material so it will get very scratched, it is more difficult to clean and adheres to dust and even can melt with some solvent like materials. Is like reducing the quality of your screen on purpose. I think I'll have to be more careful from now on, thats all, my scratches are yet very subtle (I only see them on white backgrounds) so I don't think I'll take a leap of faith just yet.
Anyways I wanted to get the 4G LTE version with gyroscope or finally a nexus, this might be the perfect excuse.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread