[Q]Is it possible to fix GPS from AOSP through third party apps ?

Search This thread

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
Hi community,
I know there's issues with GPS on AOSP based roms for falcon.

Can they be fixed through some third party app (I know you can download stuff to *fix* gps sometimes).

Thanks in advance,

inoperable

Sep 26, 2010
You could:

• Flash a stock rom, make sure you lock the gps onto your location (use gps status/toolbox) and then flash the aosp rom over the stock
  • Extract the gps.conf from /system/etc of stock and replace your aosp gps.conf.
  • Try seeing if 'DEVICE ONLY' in location settings allows gps to lock on in aosp, and then switch to 'HIGH ACCURACY' - this worked for me, as high accuracy showed 0/0 sat. found, but device only found 15/21, then my gps worked normally.

Reactions: ZareliMan

thestory101

Aug 19, 2009
basicly when flash modem 442, its fixed for me.

I think problem came from new baseband.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

ZareliMan

Sep 2, 2013
I think i'll wait for it to become fixed, that solution doesn't convince me much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could:

• Flash a stock rom, make sure you lock the gps onto your location (use gps status/toolbox) and then flash the aosp rom over the stock
    • Extract the gps.conf from /system/etc of stock and replace your aosp gps.conf.
    • Try seeing if 'DEVICE ONLY' in location settings allows gps to lock on in aosp, and then switch to 'HIGH ACCURACY' - this worked for me, as high accuracy showed 0/0 sat. found, but device only found 15/21, then my gps worked normally.