Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to flash EU radio on xt1034?

Tip us?

gunner4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Is there a way to flash EU radio on xt1034?

I just got an xt1034 to use with a Greek network that supports 900/1800/2100 bands and while I can make phonecalls, I'm stuck with a super slow edge connection. Is there something I can flash to change the frequencies of my phone? Do I have any options? I 've found threads where people try to acquire aws support but I want the other way round

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
I don't know if you checked out this thread already, but I strongly suggest you make NV backups of your XT1034 and start comparing those with the ones I posted for the XT1032.

Post a copy without your IMEI in that thread. For the text format one just delete item 550, and using the hex values there, search in the qcn file with a hex editor and zero it out, overwriting it (shortening the file won't work and may cause damage on flashing).

Remember, here be dragons. I haven't heard of anyone trying to pull off a band mod on the Moto G the way it's been done on other Qualcomm modem devices. Make sure you're okay with the possibility of writing off your phone.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

gunner4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Wow OK if there's such a hustle involved I'll leave it as it is no worries. Thank you very much

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 459

DONATE TO ME
Would you mind at least sending the NV backups my way via PM? I could edit them out for you and publish them afterwards for those who'd want to pursue their research into this.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G