Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is there a way to flash EU radio on xt1034?

OP gunner4

26th June 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I just got an xt1034 to use with a Greek network that supports 900/1800/2100 bands and while I can make phonecalls, I'm stuck with a super slow edge connection. Is there something I can flash to change the frequencies of my phone? Do I have any options? I 've found threads where people try to acquire aws support but I want the other way round
26th June 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know if you checked out this thread already, but I strongly suggest you make NV backups of your XT1034 and start comparing those with the ones I posted for the XT1032.

Post a copy without your IMEI in that thread. For the text format one just delete item 550, and using the hex values there, search in the qcn file with a hex editor and zero it out, overwriting it (shortening the file won't work and may cause damage on flashing).

Remember, here be dragons. I haven't heard of anyone trying to pull off a band mod on the Moto G the way it's been done on other Qualcomm modem devices. Make sure you're okay with the possibility of writing off your phone.
28th June 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Wow OK if there's such a hustle involved I'll leave it as it is no worries. Thank you very much
29th June 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Would you mind at least sending the NV backups my way via PM? I could edit them out for you and publish them afterwards for those who'd want to pursue their research into this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread