Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to limit charge to 90% or 85% ?

Tip us?

ZareliMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Any way to limit charge to 90% or 85% ?

I know for a fact that Li-Ion Batteries will last longer if kept charged under their full capacity.
I tried to find a 3rd party app for this but all I can find are "battery extenders"...
I read that Galaxy S could do it, would it be possible for falcon ?

I wouldn't mind charging 90% of max capacity since I never go below 40%. It is healthier to keep your battery between 40 and 80% charge all the time to reduce unwanted reactions that degrade the Li-Ion compound.

KDB223
Old
Thanks Meter 93
You have no option except to manually unplug the charger when it reaches 90%.
There is no way a device can resist the current flowing into it through the same port it accepts the current, AFAIK.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HIT THE BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP !

Device : [Rooted] Motorola Moto G (XTI033) Sony Xperia E C1504
ROM : Stock 4.4.4
Firmware : 21.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03
Kernel : Hybrid Kernel v012m (by @faux123)
Recovery : TWRP v2.7.1.1 (official)
Bootloader Status : UNLOCKED

========== LAG IS THE ENEMY ==========
The Following User Says Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiko321
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I dont think theres any app that can do that. What i recommend is that use a battery app that alerts you when you reach a certain percentage.

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
dewd!
Why the hell you think that you'll ever notice a difference in battery life span if you actually really only charge it to 90%? That's as much as true as it being wrong. You should start reading real books made of paper instead of reading the internetz-for-randoms, srsly.

Look it that way, your battery life span in dependant way more on how the battery is drained/charged, than to how much of its capacity in being recharged.You need to use that very same battery for at least 10 years to actually see a difference in life span, due to charging it to 90% instead of 100%....... and then again, you'll need a vast sample of batteries in lab conditions to even be able to tell if the difference is actually caused by this or that.

Use your battery as a normal user, it will last you probably more than you'll actually will own your moto g.
Also the phone charging circuitry limits the current to ~200mA/h after the battery is charged up to 90%.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.