[Q] Any way to limit charge to 90% or 85% ?

OP ZareliMan

19th August 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

174 posts
I know for a fact that Li-Ion Batteries will last longer if kept charged under their full capacity.
I tried to find a 3rd party app for this but all I can find are "battery extenders"...
I read that Galaxy S could do it, would it be possible for falcon ?

I wouldn't mind charging 90% of max capacity since I never go below 40%. It is healthier to keep your battery between 40 and 80% charge all the time to reduce unwanted reactions that degrade the Li-Ion compound.
19th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Liberty City
Thanks Meter: 96

397 posts
More
You have no option except to manually unplug the charger when it reaches 90%.
There is no way a device can resist the current flowing into it through the same port it accepts the current, AFAIK.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
I dont think theres any app that can do that. What i recommend is that use a battery app that alerts you when you reach a certain percentage.
20th August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
Donate to Me
More
dewd!
Why the hell you think that you'll ever notice a difference in battery life span if you actually really only charge it to 90%? That's as much as true as it being wrong. You should start reading real books made of paper instead of reading the internetz-for-randoms, srsly.

Look it that way, your battery life span in dependant way more on how the battery is drained/charged, than to how much of its capacity in being recharged.You need to use that very same battery for at least 10 years to actually see a difference in life span, due to charging it to 90% instead of 100%....... and then again, you'll need a vast sample of batteries in lab conditions to even be able to tell if the difference is actually caused by this or that.

Use your battery as a normal user, it will last you probably more than you'll actually will own your moto g.
Also the phone charging circuitry limits the current to ~200mA/h after the battery is charged up to 90%.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread