Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to port a Sony ROM for our beloved Moto G?

Tip us?
 
Bert98
Old
#1  
Bert98's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sant'Urbano (PD)
Default [Q] Is it possible to port a Sony ROM for our beloved Moto G?

Hi all, I bought the Moto G last month to replace my old Xperia U.
It was a great choice, but I was used to Sony's Timescape UI and, IMO, it's the best OEM overlay of the Android world, I really love it.
Now, I saw that they're trying to port Sense 6 from the HTC One Mini 2, which has almost the same chipset as our Moto G.
My question is, is it possible to port a Sony ROM as well, maybe from the Xperia M2, which has the exact same SOC (Snapdragon 400 MSM8226) as our Moto G?
See the screenshot below, from Wikipedia
Thanks to anyone who will enlighten me on this, because I'm very curious about this

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel 14

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-Primary ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-Secondary ROM: Android L SDK port
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid
 
KVCmoto
Old
(Last edited by KVCmoto; 3rd July 2014 at 07:20 PM.)
#2  
KVCmoto's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: thirivananthapuram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert98 View Post
Hi all, I bought the Moto G last month to replace my old Xperia U.
It was a great choice, but I was used to Sony's Timescape UI and, IMO, it's the best OEM overlay of the Android world, I really love it.
Now, I saw that they're trying to port Sense 6 from the HTC One Mini 2, which has almost the same chipset as our Moto G.
My question is, is it possible to port a Sony ROM as well, maybe from the Xperia M2, which has the exact same SOC (Snapdragon 400 MSM8226) as our Moto G?
See the screenshot below, from Wikipedia
Thanks to anyone who will enlighten me on this, because I'm very curious about this

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Sure...anything is possible so long as we have the developers to help us..I'll try porting it myself!
The Following User Says Thank You to KVCmoto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bert98
Old
#3  
Bert98's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sant'Urbano (PD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVCmoto View Post
Sure...anything is possible so long as we have the developers to help us..I'll try porting it myself!
Really dude? That's awesome! If you succeed, share with the community!
Even if you fail, someone may be able to help you here

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel 14

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-Primary ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-Secondary ROM: Android L SDK port
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid
 
liveroy
Old
#4  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 290
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stara Zagora

 
DONATE TO ME
There was some sort of ported Xperia Z Rom or smth like that for the Moto G, search the forums.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
 
Bert98
Old
#5  
Bert98's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 743
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sant'Urbano (PD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy View Post
There was some sort of ported Xperia Z Rom or smth like that for the Moto G, search the forums.
If you're talking about the Xperia ZG2 ROM, that was just a themed CM11 man..

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel 14

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-Primary ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-Secondary ROM: Android L SDK port
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid
 
liveroy
Old
#6  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 290
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stara Zagora

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert98 View Post
If you're talking about the Xperia ZG2 ROM, that was just a themed CM11 man..

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk
That's probably the closest one you'll ever see.A direct ROM port will be nearly impossible to port since they might have the same chipset, but there is a loads and loads of different hardware and drivers for them + patches and so on.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
The Following User Says Thank You to liveroy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes