LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Enable CDMA Bands 850/1900 on Moto G LTE??

OP xmguy

25th November 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag McMinnville, TN
Thanks Meter: 19

266 posts
More
I just bought an brand new unlocked GSM LTE Moto G (first gen) today. My thought at start was strictly for WiFi and FM Radio. But I stumbled on the Qualcomm SW mod using QPST and a few other apps for the regular Moto G HSPA+ version. So my question is does the LTE version have the CDMA radio present? I know the mod can't create a radio or connection to a network if the HW isn't there. I figure if it's based off the original Moto G (like the XT1028) it might have the hardware but be sw blocked. I checked the radio data and it's 2 different radios in both. But just wondering......If the Nexus 5 could do it with out "offical" CDMA bands maybe this Moto G LTE can too. I have Verizon Wireless and would like to use my Micro SIM card in this phone.

Ideas?
Last edited by xmguy; 26th November 2014 at 06:33 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cdma, moto g lte, qualcomm, unlocked
Previous Thread Next Thread