Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon 3G - Can't Access

Tip us?

pjd2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon 3G - Can't Access

I have a bootloader locked, unrooted, stock Moto g 4.4.2 on Verizon Prepay. I can not get the phone to connect to 3G. I thought it was initially because I ran out of data. I put 3gb onto the account two hours ago and still am unable to connect to data. I have 3G service but the icon is highlighted orange.

I've tried Safe Mode, restarts, entering and exiting airplane mode to no avail.
Verizon HTC One 32gb - CM 11 - Unlocked
Verizon Moto G Prepay - Bone Stock
HP Touchpad 32gb - Stable CM 10.1 - Overclock 1.8ghz

Retired:
Droid Incredible - CyanogenMod 7.2 - Lucid Theme - Chad's Kernel - OC 1.13ghz - Undervolted
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Latest Stable AOKP - Franco Kernel

pjd2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjd2011 View Post
I have a bootloader locked, unrooted, stock Moto g 4.4.2 on Verizon Prepay. I can not get the phone to connect to 3G. I thought it was initially because I ran out of data. I put 3gb onto the account two hours ago and still am unable to connect to data. I have 3G service but the icon is highlighted orange.

I've tried Safe Mode, restarts, entering and exiting airplane mode to no avail.
This looks to be a common problem for the SIM variants. Still can't find a resolution, though..

Retired:
Droid Incredible - CyanogenMod 7.2 - Lucid Theme - Chad's Kernel - OC 1.13ghz - Undervolted

eg0097
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This looks to be a common problem for the SIM variants. Still can't find a resolution, though..
The XT1028 is not a sim variant. Dial *228 on your phone and press 1 after hearing the operator. Afterwards dial *228 again and this time press 2.
  • Thanks

pjd2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg0097 View Post
The XT1028 is not a sim variant. Dial *228 on your phone and press 1 after hearing the operator. Afterwards dial *228 again and this time press 2.
What I meant was that this seems to be a problem prevalent with the SIM variants. I haven't seen this issue with the CDMA devices. However, I'm still having issues after re-activating and updating the PRL.

I sent Middleman a request for my bootloader unlock code so I'm hoping once I get CM up and going it will resolve my data issue.

Retired:

eg0097
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What I meant was that this seems to be a problem prevalent with the SIM variants. I haven't seen this issue with the CDMA devices. However, I'm still having issues after re-activating and updating the PRL.

I sent Middleman a request for my bootloader unlock code so I'm hoping once I get CM up and going it will resolve my data issue.
Bring down the notification bar, tap Settings and the phone/data connection icon will have a muted orange color to indicate you're logged into Google Services. My phone (XT1028) has this too and im pretty sure my datas working. I wouldnt know since i didnt pay it this month because im testing out flashing stuff. BTW my phone has an unlocked BL.
  • Thanks