Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon to Republic?

Tip us?

eg0097
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [Q] Verizon to Republic?

I have an unlocked verizon (chinese middleman) and i currently have the Republic firmware on my phone. Sadly the activation always fails and says my phone isnt eligible? Is there anyway to actually make it work?
  • Thanks

Note10.1Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg0097 View Post
I have an unlocked verizon (chinese middleman) and i currently have the Republic firmware on my phone. Sadly the activation always fails and says my phone isnt eligible? Is there anyway to actually make it work?
I think the individual phones have to be white-listed by Republic. You could always open a help ticket with them with your phone's ID number and they MIGHT just add it in. I don't think you can do it without.

eg0097
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude View Post
I think the individual phones have to be white-listed by Republic. You could always open a help ticket with them with your phone's ID number and they MIGHT just add it in. I don't think you can do it without.
Thats what i was assuming. Sort of like how verizon has a blacklist of cellphones and only phones made by verizon can be activated on their network. What i cant get past is how republic needs to "verify" that i have a republic device. Quoted from their email:

Quote:
Thank you for reaching out to us, I hope you are having a good Monday.

The email you have used to open this request is not associated with an active Republic Wireless account. We can't share any account information with you until you verify the email address you are currently using.

Please provide us with the following so we can continue to help you:

the name on the account
either your RW phone number or the MEID HEX number on your phone
your billing zip code
and last 4 digits of billing Credit Card

Once we verify your account, we can proceed to assist you.
  • Thanks