[Q] Verizon to Republic?

22nd June 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have an unlocked verizon (chinese middleman) and i currently have the Republic firmware on my phone. Sadly the activation always fails and says my phone isnt eligible? Is there anyway to actually make it work?
23rd June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #2  
California
Thanks Meter: 21

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg0097

I have an unlocked verizon (chinese middleman) and i currently have the Republic firmware on my phone. Sadly the activation always fails and says my phone isnt eligible? Is there anyway to actually make it work?

I think the individual phones have to be white-listed by Republic. You could always open a help ticket with them with your phone's ID number and they MIGHT just add it in. I don't think you can do it without.
24th June 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30

120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

I think the individual phones have to be white-listed by Republic. You could always open a help ticket with them with your phone's ID number and they MIGHT just add it in. I don't think you can do it without.

Thats what i was assuming. Sort of like how verizon has a blacklist of cellphones and only phones made by verizon can be activated on their network. What i cant get past is how republic needs to "verify" that i have a republic device. Quoted from their email:

Quote:

Thank you for reaching out to us, I hope you are having a good Monday.

The email you have used to open this request is not associated with an active Republic Wireless account. We can't share any account information with you until you verify the email address you are currently using.

Please provide us with the following so we can continue to help you:

the name on the account
either your RW phone number or the MEID HEX number on your phone
your billing zip code
and last 4 digits of billing Credit Card

Once we verify your account, we can proceed to assist you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank