Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi and BT Issues with Peregrine Carbon-ROM

Tip us?

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] WiFi and BT Issues with Peregrine Carbon-ROM

Hi, i was happy seeing that the dev of the CM/Carbon/Slim-Roms didn't just stop but moved from the old original shabbypenguin-thread to xda

the latest Carbon-Build ( CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140825-0209-peregrine.zip ) finally works for the most part on my side, pretty happy with that.
unfortunately 2 things aren't and i wanted to see if anyone else has this issues or has some idea to solve them

first one is, that WiFi won't connect to all networks - at home on a netgear-repeater everything is fine - in the office it won't connect to D-Link and TP-Link routers.
the other, more troubling issue is that bluetooth isn't working as it should - as long as no device is connected, everything is fine, but as soon as it connects to my car-system (MB C-Class w204 without command if that makes any difference ) the bluetooth-process stops, reconnects, stops again and so on...with my laptop everything seems to be working fine and i think the first drive after coupling also worked fine - any idea what can be the cause of this? never had this kind of problem before, be it stock or older unofficial CM-Builds etc...

i'm refering to this thread btw: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...itkat-t2847887

regards

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termuellinator View Post
Hi, i was happy seeing that the dev of the CM/Carbon/Slim-Roms didn't just stop but moved from the old original shabbypenguin-thread to xda

the latest Carbon-Build ( CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140825-0209-peregrine.zip ) finally works for the most part on my side, pretty happy with that.
unfortunately 2 things aren't and i wanted to see if anyone else has this issues or has some idea to solve them

first one is, that WiFi won't connect to all networks - at home on a netgear-repeater everything is fine - in the office it won't connect to D-Link and TP-Link routers.
the other, more troubling issue is that bluetooth isn't working as it should - as long as no device is connected, everything is fine, but as soon as it connects to my car-system (MB C-Class w204 without command if that makes any difference ) the bluetooth-process stops, reconnects, stops again and so on...with my laptop everything seems to be working fine and i think the first drive after coupling also worked fine - any idea what can be the cause of this? never had this kind of problem before, be it stock or older unofficial CM-Builds etc...

i'm refering to this thread btw: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...itkat-t2847887

regards
*push* nobody got any ideas? i would post it in the appropriate thread (especially since this rom is still only nightly) as a potential bug report, but as a new user i'm not able to :/

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just another push...somebody must have any idea on what i can try to either solve or at least track down the cause of the issue(s)
sure enough, the BT-issue is worse..

tried the newest build (dirty update and after that clean flash), but still no luck

Rhyn
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
just another push...somebody must have any idea on what i can try to either solve or at least track down the cause of the issue(s)
sure enough, the BT-issue is worse..

tried the newest build (dirty update and after that clean flash), but still no luck
The WiFi bug is a known issue since early August. It affects almost every Moto device (G, G 4G, X and defy?) it's reported several times to CM-s bug tracking system, but nobody cares... You can use custom kernels. Maybe they aren't affected.

I don't know anything about the BT bug.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i found some posts about people having the same kind of wifi-issue, but it is good to know, that the devs are aware and - kind of - working on it

the BT-thingy is driving me insane though...fiddled around a bit, stopping BT-Related processes etc...this somehow did something...my phone now connects and stays connected, i can make phone calls...but the contact list is incomplete - only 3 random contacts are displayed on the car system
haven't rebooted since then, i kind of fear that rebooting will bring back the issue :/

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
BT still working after reboot, so it seems my "fix" is permanent...must have something to do with deleting the BT-data/cache while process was killed i would think - in case someone else also encounters this problem

still can't acces all my contacts from Car-system though :/

juliospinoza
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Most nights roms have a lot of issues and it is pretty hard to stay aware all of bugs. Why don't you try something more stable like Pac Man RC or some. Sometimes a different kernel will help sometimes it's the opposite.

Termuellinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, i'd rather use a stable version for sure...
sadly, i didn't know about falcon<->peregrine, so i thought i can use all the Moto G roms with my xt1039...

and to this date there are no stable roms for peregrine that i am aware of - an old unofficial CM-Build worked pretty good for me, but CM unfortunatley doesn't offer all the features i want - carbon covers pretty much most of it, so i'm hoping that it will be "bugfree" soon enough ^^

Rhyn
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Well, i'd rather use a stable version for sure...
sadly, i didn't know about falcon<->peregrine, so i thought i can use all the Moto G roms with my xt1039...

and to this date there are no stable roms for peregrine that i am aware of - an old unofficial CM-Build worked pretty good for me, but CM unfortunatley doesn't offer all the features i want - carbon covers pretty much most of it, so i'm hoping that it will be "bugfree" soon enough ^^
All AOSP rom uses the CM device tree and kernel as a base, so the low level kernel bugs are the same.. Also the last "stable" CM for falcon is dated back to April, so you didn't lose anything with peregrine...