[Q] XT1032 - GPE 4.4.4 vs STOCK 4.4.4

18th August 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
I have XT1032 with stock moto 210.12.40 (4.4.4) and I was wondering if there are any benefits of converting it to Google Play Edition? Are there any drawbacks, cause I've seen some posts by people wanting to go back to stock. I've also read that some qualcom drivers are missing in the GPE. Any advice will be much appreciated.
18th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petertakov

I have XT1032 with stock moto 210.12.40 (4.4.4) and I was wondering if there are any benefits of converting it to Google Play Edition? Are there any drawbacks, cause I've seen some posts by people wanting to go back to stock. I've also read that some qualcom drivers are missing in the GPE. Any advice will be much appreciated.

GPE: Less bloatware, stock android experience, earlier updates.
non-GPE: Motorola apps, native HDR camera support.

I prefer non-GPE due to HDR support and because some motorola apps won't install on the GPE rom (and non-GPE can use all GPE apps). Plus, you can still disable the bloatware from non-GPE.

Anyway I think the main reason people want to switch back to non-GPE is because Motorola's bloatware is quite minimal and their apps offer nice functionality (plus moto's boot animation is prettier imo).
Last edited by ZareliMan; 18th August 2014 at 08:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZareliMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 30

199 posts
More
The stock rom thanks to Qualcomm's driver is a bit more optimized than the GPE one. Also the /data partition is formatted to get the best out of a nand flash (I don't remember the type of partition XD). I don't think you'll find much difference in terms of performance.
18th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 955

1,394 posts
I've made some scripts that remove the bloatware from Stock 4.4.4, freeing up space, and in theory: improving performance and battery-life.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ripts-t2846722
Last edited by lost101; 18th August 2014 at 02:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lost101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread