[APP] Motorola Boot Logo Maker (source code included) (Version 1.8)
Here is my full gui tool for creating boot logo files, for a number of Motorola Devices.
You get a preview of the picture, exactly how it would look on your device.
Open Existing Logo.bin files
Open Existing Flashable zip files
Create logo.bin files
Create Flashable zip files
Export images from Logo.bin / Flashable zips.
To use, you just double click on the treeview entries, select your picture, and repeat that process for all of the files that would be in logo.bin You then go to File / Save, and then save either as a .bin file, for flashing using fastboot, or as a Flashable zip file, for flashing using TWRP or CWM. In general, boot_logo is used on a factory locked device, and as a result, you probably should clear that one, as you would be wasting your space. logo_battery is your 0-3% indicator when the battery is run dry, and you plug it in to charge. logo_unlock is the actual boot screen logo you see on unlocked devices.
You can also open existing logo.bin files, wither from zip files, or directly, in order to modify them. Custom mode is for the advanced users, or for cases where a new Motorola device is released, where its logo.bin contains files that are not known. This tool auto-detects whether the file is the pre-kitkit format or not, and pictures that are larger than screen resolution, or in the case of pre-kitkat format, 540x540 is automatically scaled down. Upscaling options are provided, but centering the image is the default selection.
None that I am aware of. If any are found, report them.
The tool will not create any logo.bin files that are greater than 4MiB. This is a device limitation, specifically the logo flash partition is exactly 4MiB in size on all the known devices that I specifically support with this tool. As such, you may have to downscale or reduce the bpp formats of your images, to get them all to fit within the 4MiB.
- Added Export Image
- Far fewer temp files created, and the program attempts to clean up after itself.
- Progress info added on file loading
- Progress info runs smoother now.
- Now info is displayed as to how much logo.bin is too large by, when the selected images result in too large a logo.bin
- Added Support for Raw 540x540x24bpp logo.bin format
- No longer creates temp files for any of the processes.
- updater-script and update-binary are now built in.
- Loading of images no longer locks them from being renamed/deleted till the program is closed. (They are loaded into program memory.)
- logo.bin can now be loaded from any zip file, even if logo.bin is not at root within that zip file, such as from stock firmware zip files.
- Process of creating zip/bin now outright aborts if there was an error loading every image loaded in the process.
- An opportunity to abort the process is presented if you try to save bin/zip with no images loaded.
- Tool tips now added on the tree nodes for logo_boot, logo_battery, and logo_unlocked. As I do not have a Moto E, I cannot determine what causes logo_lowpower and logo_unplug to show, to be able to advise on these.
- logo.bin and flashable zips can be dragged and dropped onto the application.
- DotNetZip library now statically linked.
- Source code now lives on Github
- Made the device selector a combo box. Each device prepopulates the tree with the logo options available to it, as well as controlling what logo.bin formats are available.
- Corrected a bug in 540x540 color encoding/decoding.
- Corrected a bug where if 540x540 formats were selected, and you didn't pick an image for at least one of the logos, the process would error out with an exception.
- Added some info to the about box, regarding optional donations via bitcoin or paypal.
- More improvements to the logo compression algorithm.
- Added Landscape mode
- Logo fill/Layout options can now be set per image, for example, logo_battery with fill on landscape, and logo_boot with center on portrait.
- Fixed a null reference bug that happens if you switch logo.bin versions right from program startup, as well as a few other potential null reference bugs.
- Big performance boost of saving logo.bin/flashable zips.
- Turns out Moto G as of the Android Kitkat 4.4.4 OTA update supports logo_charge. Updated accordingly, and put a note in the tool tips on its use case.
Full source code available at https://github.com/CaitSith2/MotoBootLogoMaker