[BOOT LOGO][BOOT ANIMATION] Watch_Dogs boot logo+animation for Moto G

OP Giupy 99

7th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Planet Giupyter
Thanks Meter: 153

191 posts
More
Hey everyone, if you (just like me) liked or loved the new Ubisoft game called Watch_Dogs I'm sure you will also like what i made for Moto G. I got annoyed yesterday so i started working on this. This is my first contribution to the Moto G, and it will most likely not be the last
Also notice that even if the boot animation is made by me, i used several parts from @nin9 's boot animation that YOU CAN FIND HERE.

Preview of the boot animation:

Download links and installation:

Powered by ctOS versions:

MANUAL WAY:

DROPBOX:
MEGA:
Inside both the cloud folders, you will find four files, the ones we want if you choose this way are the files called "logo.bin" and "bootanimation.zip". Do not attempt to flash any of those file via recovery because it won't work. Instead, download them on your PC and, as you have choosen , let's proceed manually. For the logo.bin, place it in the same folder of your fastboot.exe and then reboot your device in fastboot mode. Then, on your computer, left-click while holding SHIFT, then click on "Open command prompt here" and type:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
(It will then show some lines, and after them "OKAY")
fastboot reboot

After the reboot, copy the bootanimation.zip on your phone. If you still haven't closed the command prompt, you can copy the bootanimation.zip in the same folder of fastboot.exe and adb.exe and then type in the command prompt (after the reboot):
adb devices
(will show that your Moto G is connected via USB to your PC; if it's not showing, check that you have enabled USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options. If this menu is not there, go in About this device and click several times on build number, until it says "No need, you already enabled developer options"; then go back and the menu will be there. Type again adb devices to confirm that it's connected)
adb push bootanimation.zip /sdcard/
(If your phone requests for confirmation, check "always allow this computer" and then press Ok)

(Otherwise you can simply copy/paste it on your sd card)

On your phone, search on Play Store for Boot Animations ★ root, install it, and in this app go in the section "local" and scroll the list until you see bootanimation.zip, then simply tap on it and press install.

Flashable ZIPs (made by @virajmalia, all the credits go to him at the 3rd post ):

DROPBOX:
MEGA:
In both these folders you will see four files; the ones that we want are called "Watchdogs_logo.zip" and "Watchdogs_bootanim.zip". Download these files, drop them on your device's storage folder (some recoveries will also support an USB storage device connected via OTG), flash them via recovery without wiping anything and reboot, enjoy!

Powered by DedSec versions:

MANUAL WAY:

DROPBOX:
MEGA:
Inside both the cloud folders, you will find four files, the ones we want if you choose this way are the files called "logo.bin" and "bootanimation.zip". Do not attempt to flash any of those file via recovery because it won't work. Instead, download them on your PC and, as you have choosen , let's proceed manually. For the logo.bin, place it in the same folder of your fastboot.exe and then reboot your device in fastboot mode. Then, on your computer, left-click while holding SHIFT, then click on "Open command prompt here" and type:
fastboot reboot

After the reboot, copy the bootanimation.zip on your phone. If you still haven't closed the command prompt, you can copy the bootanimation.zip in the same folder of fastboot.exe and adb.exe and then type in the command prompt (after the reboot):
adb devices
(will show that your Moto G is connected via USB to your PC; if it's not showing, check that you have enabled USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options. If this menu is not there, go in About this device and click several times on build number, until it says "No need, you already enabled developer options"; then go back and the menu will be there. Type again adb devices to confirm that it's connected)
(If your phone requests for confirmation, check "always allow this computer" and then press Ok)

On your phone, search on Play Store for Boot Animations ★ root, install it, and in this app go in the section "local" and scroll the list until you see bootanimation.zip, then simply tap on it and press install.

Flashable ZIPs (made by @virajmalia, all the credits go to him at the 3rd post ):

DROPBOX:
MEGA:
In both these folders you will see four files; the ones that we want are called "Watchdogs_logo.zip" and "Watchdogs_bootanim.zip". Download these files, drop them on your device's storage folder (some recoveries will also support an USB storage device connected via OTG), flash them via recovery without wiping anything and reboot, enjoy!

Powered by Android versions:

MANUAL WAY:

DROPBOX:
MEGA:
fastboot reboot

adb devices

DROPBOX:
MEGA:

Mirrored the link to Dropbox and MEGA, if any of those two doesn't work just tell me by posting here

Hope you will like it! Enjoy
Last edited by Giupy 99; 7th July 2014 at 08:49 PM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Giupy 99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Planet Giupyter

191 posts
More
TODO list:
[SIZE="4"]
  • Make recovery flashable ZIPs thanks @virajmalia!
  • Upload a boot animation preview video
  • Make a light (white) version
  • Make also the "Powered by Android" and "Powered by DedSec" versions
  • Support other resolutions (will take some time, sorry)
Last edited by Giupy 99; 2nd July 2014 at 08:28 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Giupy 99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 269

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giupy 99

Hey everyone, if you (just like me) liked or loved the new Ubisoft game called Watch_Dogs I'm sure you will also like what i made for Moto G. I got annoyed yesterday so i started working on this. This is my first contribution to the Moto G, and it will most likely not be the last
Also notice that even if the boot animation is made by me, i used several parts from @nin9 's boot animation that YOU CAN FIND HERE.

i just download it and it looks good!
good job!
...and thanks for the credits!
The Following User Says Thank You to nin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 100

261 posts
More
Recovery Flashable Zips
I too am a fan of Watchdogs. Its good to see that someone is contributing to the community in an interesting and innovative way.
Here's something from me. I have made Recovery flashable zips. You can include them in the OP. Just some credit
Attached Files
File Type: zip Watchdogs_logo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (185.8 KB, 380 views)
File Type: zip Watchdogs_bootanim.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.74 MB, 713 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to virajmalia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/
Thanks Meter: 3,562

2,896 posts
More
That's not a good thing to be 'powered by ctOS', this system is way too easy to hack

A 'powered by DedSec' would have been cool
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matmutant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Planet Giupyter

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmalia

I too am a fan of Watchdogs. Its good to see that someone is contributing to the community in an interesting and innovative way.
Here's something from me. I have made Recovery flashable zips. You can include them in the OP. Just some credit

Mirrored on DropBox and Mega, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmutant

That's not a good thing to be 'powered by ctOS', this system is way too easy to hack

A 'powered by DedSec' would have been cool

Sure, added to the TODO list
The Following User Says Thank You to Giupy 99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 57

416 posts
More
Thanks, I too a fan of Watchdogs

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th June 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 12

143 posts
More
can the boot animation work for any device or just compatible for moto g?

tq.
11th June 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #9  
Flag Solingen
Thanks Meter: 195

132 posts
More
i tried both methods. manually and flashable zip files but only the logo.bin works. the bootanimations backround flashes yellow the whole time and the "motorola hacking animation" (in the middle) splits up into 2 oversized parts in the lower corners of the screen

Edit: now i know why it doesn't work. i am on stock (non-GPE) and bootanimations don't work for this rom if the bootanimation.zip contains multiple .png files (or any other kind of pictures). We do need a bootanimation.zip which contains an .mp4 file instead of .png files
Last edited by GodOfPsychos; 11th June 2014 at 03:58 AM.
11th June 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

65 posts
Having the same problem as the previous poster?. Any ideas what Boot Anims I can flash?. or how to get to the stock animation.. quite miffed my boot looks like a zx spectrum going crazy now
Last edited by ReaverV2; 11th June 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread