Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home and driving now in MotoE and MotoG (OFFICIAL)

Tip us?

ChaTy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Home and driving now in MotoE and MotoG (OFFICIAL)

Atlast Motorola updated their Motorola Assist App and Motorola Contextual Services that activates home and driving profile in our beloved Moto E and moto G...

I know there are many ports of this app in Apps and theme section of moto g...but using that method gives frequent fc in motorola contextual sevices and itz quite annoying... but having any app officially is always better...

update these apps via play store...
1) Motorola contextual services.
2)Motorola assist.

see attachments for the proof...

attachments from Moto E

PRESS THANKS IF HELPED .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-05-17-12-45.png
Views:	297
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2925632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-05-17-12-57.png
Views:	251
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2925633  

vocalico
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I can't make it work

I have updated that two apps, and the house mode get enabled, but I think that not as it is in the moto x. It reads the SMS that you receive, but I can't achieve to use the phone without touching it. I don't know if I am stupid and I don't know how to do that, or simply this function is not enabled on moto g and e.

If someone has achieved that, please tell how

petraru1
Old
Thanks Meter 332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalico View Post
I have updated that two apps, and the house mode get enabled, but I think that not as it is in the moto x. It reads the SMS that you receive, but I can't achieve to use the phone without touching it. I don't know if I am stupid and I don't know how to do that, or simply this function is not enabled on moto g and e.

If someone has achieved that, please tell how
when i recive a call or text it reads to me, then it ask me what to do, for the call i can say answer or ignore (if i say answer the phone will be put on speaker) and after the sms is read to me i can reply with my voice. My phone is in english UK, maybe it is language dependent...
The awsome Moto G
------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-i8730 - sold
------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Advance GT-i9070 - sold
ROM: LightJB
kernel: CoCore-E 6.2
Alternative ROOT method for JellyBean

vocalico
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by petraru1 View Post
when i recive a call or text it reads to me, then it ask me what to do, for the call i can say answer or ignore (if i say answer the phone will be put on speaker) and after the sms is read to me i can reply with my voice. My phone is in english UK, maybe it is language dependent...
The problem was that I'm stupid haha. I thought that the house mode allow to have a touchless control all the time. Then I realised that it only read the SMS and you can control the calls with the voice. It's ok, but I though that it was a huge change

Ani0o7
Old
(Last edited by Ani0o7; 5th September 2014 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
I like the home profile but every time when I have to activate it, I have to enable GPS, and I don't want to waste battery by turning on GPS for whole day is there is any trick or way so that it works without GPS, if it's totally based on GPS then what is the point, an application for just show off ???
The Following User Says Thank You to Ani0o7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nguyenhoangtu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How to use this app?