Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

moto g brightness apps

Tip us?

veervijay99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thats interesting.... one more query..is under volting a cpu and under clocking same thing?

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
No, but they are related. A higher cpu clock (that's basically how fast the cpu will do operations) demands a higher voltage (that's the electric current). A lower cpu clock will need less voltage and thus consume less power.

Sent from my Moto G 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulSeekerHS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veervijay99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
soo suggest me the easiest way to root my phone..and after rooting.are custom roms worth the extra effort?

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99 View Post
soo suggest me the easiest way to root my phone..and after rooting.are custom roms worth the extra effort?

Sent from my XT1033
It all depends. I get annoyed by the little imperfections and shortcomings of the "out of the box experience" easily, so modding/using custom roms is pretty much a must for me. And I actually enjoy this stuff, so I don't mind putting some effort into it.

Example: With Cyanogen rom on my old phone I could set auto rotation up so it would only rotate when I tilt the phone to the right, but to when I tilt it to the left. I miss this feature so much... I get annoyed by every unintentional auto rotate (when I just want to view a picture tilted or read something lying down), but switching auto rotation of is just as annoying when you want to switch to landscape to have a bigger keyboard.

So it's up to you, but you do get a lot of extra functionality.

I suggest looking here for instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2577043

Take your time and be sure you know what you do before you start and it will be no problem.

Btw, depending on where you live, unlocking the bootloader (first step on your way to root and/or custom roms) will void your warranty. But as long as you are in the European Union, you are still eligible for warranty unless the damage can be directly linked to your actions (e.g. you overclocked and fried your cpu). At least that's what the law says. And I think it's rare that you ever actually have anything covered by warranty anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulSeekerHS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veervijay99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks dude...appreciate the effort made by you to enlighten me.. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT1033