Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [REQUEST] How to apply a different navbar to a CM11 theme engine?

OP rogeriorp

21st August 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115

445 posts
More
You see, I am now using an android L theme on the new theme engine on PA BETA 1 but these navbar playstation icons bother me quite a bit. I much prefer the ones I use with softkeyz (no it doesn't work changing with it), the so called alternate android L's navbar.

Can it be themed manually or something? These ones to be more precise:

22nd August 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

445 posts
More
Anyone has a clue? Someone with experience on themes or knows how to do it.
22nd August 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I was exactly searching for this !
22nd August 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

445 posts
More
I got it! Had to edit the theme by decompiling and recompiling it back with the navbar icons I wanted. It is not that hard though.
22nd August 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 49

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

I got it! Had to edit the theme by decompiling and recompiling it back with the navbar icons I wanted. It is not that hard though.

so easy...change your theme apk file to zip format by renaming it.open with win rar and unzip it.you have some extracted folders and follow this:
assets<overlays<com.android.systemui<res<drawable-xxhdpi.in this folder looking for these PNG files like ic_sysbar_home,ic_sysbar_menu and etc. these are the themed ones for soft keyz.change them as you wish and remember your modification should respect the orginal png file size.anfter that surf back to the root of themed folders and rezip and sign it with some thing like signer app. done!
The Following User Says Thank You to ali.sbi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

445 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.sbi

so easy...change your theme apk file to zip format by renaming it.open with win rar and unzip it.you have some extracted folders and follow this:
assets<overlays<com.android.systemui<res<drawable-xxhdpi.in this folder looking for these PNG files like ic_sysbar_home,ic_sysbar_menu and etc. these are the themed ones for soft keyz.change them as you wish and remember your modification should respect the orginal png file size.anfter that surf back to the root of themed folders and rezip and sign it with some thing like signer app. done!

Exactly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread