FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OTA ZIP] Pure Edition XT1095 Lollipop 5.0 22.11.6 & 22.21.11

6,338 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,299

By graffixnyc, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 8th November 2014, 03:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
NEW 22.21.11 OTA Zip posted on the site 12/1/14
YOU MUST BE ON 22.11.6 TO UPDATE

NEW 22.11.6 OTA Zip posted on the site 11/11/14

http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

OTA is there!

Instructions:
This is ONLY for the XT1095 Pure edition.. Support priority will be given to those with a XT1095. If you have another model number you will have to figure out how/if you can run this OTA. It's not up to this thread to support devices the OTA was not meant for.

IF YOU ARE ON THE FIRST SOAK TEST OTA .5 YOU CANNOT UPDATE TO .6. IT WILL FAIL! YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.4.4 THEN APPLY THE .6 OTA
Follow @SolarTrans Guide found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...on-to-t2937074

Be unaltered unrooted system. The device cannot be rooted and then unrooted.. it must be a never rooted system or the update will fail. It seems it's failing on devices that were rooted and then unrooted. On devices that were never rooted or where the user had stock back up they made prior to rooting the ota will update fine
Boot into Stock Recovery
ADB Sideload the zip

For people getting the modem error. Make sure you back up your current modem using the DD command (google if you don't know how)

After that download the AT&T modem from my website, flash it, then take the OTA. You MAY lose LTE after the update. If you do just reflash your old modem and you'll be good to go. It's also been confirmed if you reflash the AT&T modem after the update you will get LTE back.

Download Links can be found on my website: http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
Last edited by graffixnyc; 2nd December 2014 at 03:28 AM.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th November 2014, 03:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 574

Donate to Me
More
This is going to sound really nooby but do i just flash this in recovery? Or in the bootloader?

Sorry, this is my first Moto device, have had Nexus and HTC phones before this
8th November 2014, 03:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Use ADB sideload to flash on a stock unrooted system. Went through perfectly for me and currently optimizing apps. Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellydroid13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jellydroid13 Ad-Free
8th November 2014, 03:28 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydroid13

Use ADB sideload to flash on a stock unrooted system. Went through perfectly for me and currently optimizing apps. Thanks

So, unroot, flash stock recovery, then go to the bootloader and adb sideload?
8th November 2014, 03:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEindian

So, unroot, flash stock recovery, then go to the bootloader and adb sideload?

yeah but go to recovery and sideload
8th November 2014, 03:47 AM |#6  
Flag Rockton, IL
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I'm rooted, but still stock recovery. Can I still boot to stock recovery and sideload?

Also, how do I adb sideload? Can someone explain? I have somewhat of an idea, but want to make sure before I go ahead and do so.
Last edited by dmbfan13; 8th November 2014 at 03:51 AM.
8th November 2014, 04:01 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan13

I'm rooted, but still stock recovery. Can I still boot to stock recovery and sideload?

Also, how do I adb sideload? Can someone explain? I have somewhat of an idea, but want to make sure before I go ahead and do so.

Yeah, so i just got it to start flashing. Yes, you have to be unrooted but this is pretty simple, to unroot:

Go to the SuperSU app, go into the 3rd tab with all the settings, in there, there should be an option, something along the lines of "clean unroot", hit that, it should only take a minute or so
If you still see the SuperSU app once thats done, go into the play store and uninstall it
You are unrooted

To flash, plug in your phone and type in "adb reboot recovery"
You'll the that little android, once you see this, press the UP volume button, then power button, then release
Scroll down to where it says apply update from adb
type in "adb sideload BLAH BLAH BLAH.zip"
It should start applying. Hope this helps!

CRAP. I got an error in the installation and now it won't boot. It was something along the lines of how it didn't have the intall-recovery.sh file. Someone please help!
Last edited by THEindian; 8th November 2014 at 04:04 AM.
8th November 2014, 04:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3,301

More
Can be root achieved?

sent from my Nexus 7
8th November 2014, 04:13 AM |#9  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 1,099

More
Quote:

Yeah, so i just got it to start flashing. Yes, you have to be unrooted but this is pretty simple, to unroot:

<snip snip>

CRAP. I got an error in the installation and now it won't boot. It was something along the lines of how it didn't have the intall-recovery.sh file. Someone please help!

Same thing happened to me. I suppose we'll have to flash stock back?
8th November 2014, 04:14 AM |#10  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Go to the SuperSU app, go into the 3rd tab with all the settings, in there, there should be an option, something along the lines of "clean unroot", hit that, it should only take a minute or so
If you still see the SuperSU app once thats done, go into the play store and uninstall it
You are unrooted

To flash, plug in your phone and type in "adb reboot recovery"
You'll the that little android, once you see this, press the UP volume button, then power button, then release
Scroll down to where it says apply update from adb
type in "adb sideload BLAH BLAH BLAH.zip"
It should start applying. Hope this helps!

It seems like either the install-recovery.sh file was removed when you unrooted (SuperSU uses that file) or it detects it has been modified and is failing. You will have to ask someone to pull it from a non rooted device
8th November 2014, 04:18 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
I assume so, trying to do this but i have yet to find a stock image, the only is the one OP has his website is almost down. Do you know where else i could get an image?

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Could you mirror your system.img to dropbox or mega or something? The download for the system.img is taking 1 day.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)