XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Air Jacket

Tip us?

Wade-0
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
How do the buttons feel on the Air Jacket Grip? Also, is anyone using the Griffin Powerdock with the case?
I think it makes the buttons feel a little too firm. I haven't tried the Grip version in my car dock yet (it's on my wife's phone) but the regular Air Jacket case fits perfectly. I assume the desk dock would be just as good of a fit.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Wade-0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clankfu
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
I think it makes the buttons feel a little too firm. I haven't tried the Grip version in my car dock yet (it's on my wife's phone) but the regular Air Jacket case fits perfectly. I assume the desk dock would be just as good of a fit.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yea, if the buttons aren't as tactile with this case, I'll probably pass on it.

larry62
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Buttons definitely a bit stiffer on the Air Jacket vs. Griffin, but the clear back scratches less on the Air Jacket. The buttons don't bother me so much because it almost always goes active when picking it up, and placed a screen-off Tasker script on the main screen to turn off the display.

clankfu
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry62 View Post
Buttons definitely a bit stiffer on the Air Jacket vs. Griffin, but the clear back scratches less on the Air Jacket. The buttons don't bother me so much because it almost always goes active when picking it up, and placed a screen-off Tasker script on the main screen to turn off the display.
Yea, turning the screen on or off isn't a problem for me. I just want a more tactile feel on the buttons because I use the volume rocker as the camera shutter button.

Wade-0
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
Yea, turning the screen on or off isn't a problem for me. I just want a more tactile feel on the buttons because I use the volume rocker as the camera shutter button.
I think it's a trade off. I like the general feel of the Grip version, and it offers better protection than the non-grip version, but I hate the way it covers the buttons (so much for custom accent colors), and I hate the stiffness of the buttons. If you were trying to use it with the camera I think you would have a hell of a time keeping the camera still while trying to press the volume rocker.

clankfu
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
If you were trying to use it with the camera I think you would have a hell of a time keeping the camera still while trying to press the volume rocker.
Yup...exactly what I was thinking. I also thought about the Griffin Reveal but the covered dimple is a deal breaker for me. That's the default spot for my index finger.