Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 37,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Belt Clip for MotoX

Tip us?

marvin02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Default Belt Clip for MotoX

I prefer to carry my phone in a belt clip. The only one that I could find that I could stand for the MotoX was the one that comes with the Otterbox Defender case. To use the clip you have to use the case, which I really dislike (too bulky).

I was browsing in my local Office Depot and saw this belt clip. It is not designed for the MotoX obviously, but it is a very snug fit for the MotoX in the Snap Case (by InCase). It is an even tighter fit for the MotoX in the Reveal Case (by Griffin) and the clip presses on the phone buttons (power and volume).

I prefer the Reveal Case so I notched the belt clip to keep it from pressing the phone buttons and provide access to them.I put some heat on the clip and reduced the overall pressure on the phone.

The cut out is pretty rough, but I will clean it up now that I know it works.

I'm pretty happy with this set-up because I have a solid belt clip that works with my preferred case. YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltClip01.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2702889   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltClip02.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	2702890   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltClip03.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	2702891   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltClip05.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2702892   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltClip04.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2702893  

Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marvin02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NWKENT
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
I prefer to carry my phone in a belt clip. The only one that I could find that I could stand for the MotoX was the one that comes with the Otterbox Defender case. To use the clip you have to use the case, which I really dislike (too bulky).

I was browsing in my local Office Depot and saw this belt clip. It is not designed for the MotoX obviously, but it is a very snug fit for the MotoX in the Snap Case (by InCase). It is an even tighter fit for the MotoX in the Reveal Case (by Griffin) and the clip presses on the phone buttons (power and volume).

I prefer the Reveal Case so I notched the belt clip to keep it from pressing the phone buttons and provide access to them.I put some heat on the clip and reduced the overall pressure on the phone.

The cut out is pretty rough, but I will clean it up now that I know it works.

I'm pretty happy with this set-up because I have a solid belt clip that works with my preferred case. YMMV
I adore this one, compact, durable, stands up in landscape or portrait mode, with rotating belt clip..I need no more than this >> http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=390692223991

BLACK HARD STAND CASE COVER+BELT CLIP HOLSTER FOR MOTOROLA MOTO X ACCESSORY

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
(Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

DANIEL AMBRUSO
Old
Thanks Meter 12
How much price it ? @marvin02

marvin02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL AMBRUSO View Post
How much price it ? @marvin02
$19.95 at Office Depot.
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

DANIEL AMBRUSO
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
$19.95 at Office Depot.
Thanks

marvin02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Update: I've been using this belt clip for nearly two months now and it is still working great. I wear it doing yard work while listening to wired ear buds. It stays secure. My Moto has never come out of the clip accidentally.
Retired Devices:

Miikli
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great.