Ask a question

No registration required

Another case question..

OP ddiehl

28th January 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

114 posts
Just ordered an X during the sale yesterday to replace my S3.. My S3 had an Otterbox defender which I really liked- particularly the deep bezel around the screen. Can someone recommend a case or bumper that has that same deep bezel in addition to the Otterbox?

Thanks
28th January 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 347

1,285 posts
More
I have the ballistic SG maxx case, nice case with deep bezel and good corner protection.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

187 posts
I actually hated the Ballistic SG Maxx. The silicone seems too flimsy and the port covers are cheap. I'm afraid of the headphone port cover has a tab that protrudes into the jack. Same thing goes for the USB port. It feels as if the USB port is going to break.

I call it flimsy because my wife has the normal Ballistic SG for the LG an the bottom rim that goes around the USB cover is actually solid and not flimsy at all. If anything, get the regular SG because I'm returning my this weekend.

As for now, i use an Otterbox Commuter because I hate the built in screen protector of the Defender. Debris always ends up behind the screen protector on my iPad.

I'm currently in the process of getting a glass screen protector and want it installed with my Commuter.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
16th February 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 347

1,285 posts
More
Mine doesn't have port covers it must be the regular SG case. My other cases are tpu, supcase, and trident krakken for extra protection. I keep going back to ballistic SG for daily use and hate the supcase.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread