No registration required

Looking for a Rugged Case

OP ryzilla23

7th March 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

114 posts
More
I am looking for a rugged case that can stand up to outdoor activities.

I tried the Trident Aegis, I really like the design, but the thing is super linty. It's insane how much lint this thing attracts.

The otterbox Commuter is ok, but it is almost too slick and doesn't seem like it would stand up to fall terribly well.

What other cases should I be looking at to try?
7th March 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 79

179 posts
Take a look at the Ballistic SG or the Seidio Dilex - I had the Ballistic on my old RAZR and the rubber corners do cushion falls well. Right now I have the Seidio on my X and other that the kickstand being kind of a "wart" on the the back it seem like a really nice case.
7th March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 164

860 posts
More
All cases that use silicone will attract lint, but the cushioning it provides is much better than TPU or other plastics. That's why I put up with it.
8th March 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 30

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumert

Take a look at the Ballistic SG or the Seidio Dilex - I had the Ballistic on my old RAZR and the rubber corners do cushion falls well. Right now I have the Seidio on my X and other that the kickstand being kind of a "wart" on the the back it seem like a really nice case.

I also have a Seidio Dilex on my Moto X, and really wish they would offer it WITHOUT the stupid kickstand. Some people may appreciate it, but I don't count myself among them.

I had a Ballistic SG Maxx on a Nexus 5 and found the plastic exoskelaton far too slippery for my taste.
9th March 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera

All cases that use silicone will attract lint, but the cushioning it provides is much better than TPU or other plastics. That's why I put up with it.

I have the same love/hate thing with silicone as most people, love the shock absorbtion, hate the lint/tackiness, so damned hard to get a phone in a silicone skin or a case with exposed silicone into a pocket quickly, but TPU has zero shock absorbing capabilities in comparison. Has anybody tried the Air Jacket Grip by Power Support on the moto maker site? What about the InCase Snapcase?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread