Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a Rugged Case

Tip us?

ryzilla23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Looking for a Rugged Case

I am looking for a rugged case that can stand up to outdoor activities.

I tried the Trident Aegis, I really like the design, but the thing is super linty. It's insane how much lint this thing attracts.

The otterbox Commuter is ok, but it is almost too slick and doesn't seem like it would stand up to fall terribly well.

What other cases should I be looking at to try?

jbaumert
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Take a look at the Ballistic SG or the Seidio Dilex - I had the Ballistic on my old RAZR and the rubber corners do cushion falls well. Right now I have the Seidio on my X and other that the kickstand being kind of a "wart" on the the back it seem like a really nice case.

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 159
All cases that use silicone will attract lint, but the cushioning it provides is much better than TPU or other plastics. That's why I put up with it.

UncleMike
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumert View Post
Take a look at the Ballistic SG or the Seidio Dilex - I had the Ballistic on my old RAZR and the rubber corners do cushion falls well. Right now I have the Seidio on my X and other that the kickstand being kind of a "wart" on the the back it seem like a really nice case.
I also have a Seidio Dilex on my Moto X, and really wish they would offer it WITHOUT the stupid kickstand. Some people may appreciate it, but I don't count myself among them.

I had a Ballistic SG Maxx on a Nexus 5 and found the plastic exoskelaton far too slippery for my taste.

altspeed
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
All cases that use silicone will attract lint, but the cushioning it provides is much better than TPU or other plastics. That's why I put up with it.

I have the same love/hate thing with silicone as most people, love the shock absorbtion, hate the lint/tackiness, so damned hard to get a phone in a silicone skin or a case with exposed silicone into a pocket quickly, but TPU has zero shock absorbing capabilities in comparison. Has anybody tried the Air Jacket Grip by Power Support on the moto maker site? What about the InCase Snapcase?