5,604,122 Members 48,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIMEUSA.com

Tip us?

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1656
The wife has had her mime on her x over a week and loves it.

It's also in a wallet type case...so maybe would be better if dropped...hopefully she just won't drop it. LOL

Mine should be here any day for my N5.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Hikikomori-Otaku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Seems MIME is currently soul out of Moto X Ghost Glass protectors. I hope they become available soon as I'd like to get another.
If my username is too difficult to say, just call me Kiri (^^)

soundneedle
Old
(Last edited by soundneedle; 9th March 2014 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Garbage

I really don't understand how some people can find this inferior product acceptable. It's obviously not precisely cut to fit the Moto X corners, which are more rounded than the Mime. Mine chipped on the edge, and what does Mime offer...a 50% off coupon. For the SAME defective design too. I also had the Mime feather on my Note 3. I absolutely loved it. Best accessory I've ever bought for anything. This Moto X version is just garbage in comparison. Mime should be embarrassed for putting how this half baked product...and ashamed for "offering" a 50% discount to replace it. I guess their warranty does not cover damage resulting from defective design.

I did email them this response also. They should know their drop in quality is noticed.

Just my 2 cents.

polyzen
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symthic View Post
Could those that bought the Monoy provide feedback once it arrives? I'm planning on buying a glass screen protector and I'd like to have reviews from both sides.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
There's now a Monoy thread. Considering one myself, though 2/10 of the Amazon reviews mention this screen also going over the edges.
The Following User Says Thank You to polyzen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

griffin337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just received my replacement from MIME. GREAT CUSTOMER service!!!

But needless to say i'm not going to use it again.. Just doesn't fit like a 25.00 screen protector should..

laur3n.newm4n
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I noticed today that there are some reviews on the Amazon page for the i-Blason protector saying that they revised their design, and there is now a cutout for the proximity sensor. I found that of all the tempered glass protectors I've tried, the i-Blason had the most accurate fit, and the only reason I didn't like it was some intermittent proximity sensor issues resultant of it being covered by the protector.

I ordered a new one, and will let everyone know how it fits once it arrives on Thursday.

laur3n.newm4n
Old
Thanks Meter 38
As promised, here's some pictures of the redesigned i-Blason protector. As you can see, there is now a cutout for the proximity sensor. The corners also fit the Moto X perfectly (their old design fit perfectly too). Very happy I finally have a protector that FITS and where the proximity sensor won't be blocked! I liked the i-Blason until I had started having proximity sensor issues because I had dropped it several times, and it never once cracked, unlike the MIME, which cracked the very first time I dropped it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iblason1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	2630215   Click image for larger version

Name:	iblason2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	2630216  
The Following User Says Thank You to laur3n.newm4n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KCJunkman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Well, u can clearly see that it fits a LOT better then the one from MIMEUSA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhnl33
Old
Thanks Meter 12
mime glass screen protector is back in stock! http://mimeusa.com/product/moto-x-gh...een-protector/

Mr. Orange 645
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJunkman View Post
Well, u can clearly see that it fits a LOT better then the one from MIMEUSA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I ordered the i-Blason and just received it today. I can verify the fit is absolutely perfect. Its thinner than the MIMEUSA and feels just as good to the touch. I haven't noticed any reduced sensitivity to touch with the i-Blason like I did with the MIMEUSA either.