5,596,179 Members 33,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIMEUSA.com

Tip us?
 
cq1125
Old
#181  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
I'm pretty unhappy with the Mime actually. The fit is terrible (corners not rounded enough and microphone not close to being centered), and there is definitely a decrease in touch responsiveness. Sometimes I have to hit the home button several times for it to work, and when typing I often miss letters. The oleophobic coating was amazing the first couple days but now it doesn't work as well. If it was cheaper I wouldn't mind so much but $25?? I wish I had gone with the iBlason... Too bad I can't return the Mime.
 
Mr. Orange 645
Old
#182  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2010
I didn't have any issues with the oleophobic coating. Matter of fact, I was amazed by the fact that I couldn't seem to leave a fingerprint on it if wanted to. But, yeah, the fit was ****. i-Blason nailed the fit perfectly, and its oleophobic as well.
 
cq1125
Old
#183  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
I didn't have any issues with the oleophobic coating. Matter of fact, I was amazed by the fact that I couldn't seem to leave a fingerprint on it if wanted to. But, yeah, the fit was ****. i-Blason nailed the fit perfectly, and its oleophobic as well.
The oleophobic coating is great (way better than any plastic protector) it just started to not work as well after a while. It gets covered by fingerprints pretty quick now, but it wipes off very easily so it's not that big a deal. Still upset about the fit though. If it ever cracks or chips I'll just get the iBlason instead of the 40% lifetime replacement.
 
R3dbeaver
Old
#184  
R3dbeaver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah. i got the 50% off from Mime too.... and i had to stay with them instead of i-blason.

Why?

coz i-blason got a $15 shipping cost to Canada... LOL

**** that.

Mime costs $10. And has the 50% off discount.
-=............Rogers Moto X XT1058 Stock 4.4.2............=-
-=...............Rogers RAZR XT910 PA 3.99.................=-
-=...................Nexus 7 Gen 1 Stock 4.4.2................=-

Get your free DropBox account: http://db.tt/4nQkEJqC
 
R3dbeaver
Old
#185  
R3dbeaver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dbeaver View Post
Yeah. i got the 50% off from Mime too.... and i had to stay with them instead of i-blason.

Why?

coz i-blason got a $15 shipping cost to Canada... LOL

**** that.

Mime costs $10. And has the 50% off discount.
Just FYI, this is the damage done on the original screen.

New screen is in and I'm happy.

PS: Yes, still the crappy not-perfect cut.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140401_144510700.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	2666327  
-=............Rogers Moto X XT1058 Stock 4.4.2............=-
-=...............Rogers RAZR XT910 PA 3.99.................=-
-=...................Nexus 7 Gen 1 Stock 4.4.2................=-

Get your free DropBox account: http://db.tt/4nQkEJqC
 
laur3n.newm4n
Old
#186  
laur3n.newm4n's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 201
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Syracuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dbeaver View Post
Just FYI, this is the damage done on the original screen.

New screen is in and I'm happy.

PS: Yes, still the crappy not-perfect cut.
I just really hated this whole mess because I had the MIME on my Nexus 5 while I had it and it fit perfectly, etc. Seems the imperfect cut for the Moto X really damned this product.
 
R3dbeaver
Old
#187  
R3dbeaver's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by laur3n.newm4n View Post
I just really hated this whole mess because I had the MIME on my Nexus 5 while I had it and it fit perfectly, etc. Seems the imperfect cut for the Moto X really damned this product.
and they dont even want to try to fix it. I mean, how long has it been out now?
-=............Rogers Moto X XT1058 Stock 4.4.2............=-
-=...............Rogers RAZR XT910 PA 3.99.................=-
-=...................Nexus 7 Gen 1 Stock 4.4.2................=-

Get your free DropBox account: http://db.tt/4nQkEJqC

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes