XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Miracast receiver?

Tip us?

enjoimadcow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Miracast receiver?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a usb powered miracast receiver for my cars head unit. Anyone have any experience with these things?

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

TheHonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have the rocketfish and it works fine for my g2 streaming and playing movies not much lag havent tried it with games. Don't receive my X until tomorrow so ill let you know how it works with the X as soon as i test it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

styndall
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
I have the rocketfish and it works fine for my g2 streaming and playing movies not much lag havent tried it with games. Don't receive my X until tomorrow so ill let you know how it works with the X as soon as i test it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Have you had a chance to test this yet? I can't seem to find it for sale anymore anywhere It was only $20 on Best Buy's website earlier last month...ugh!

I have been eyeing this one in the mean time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H2D...=IEZL8WC4NRBGI

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by styndall View Post
Have you had a chance to test this yet? I can't seem to find it for sale anymore anywhere It was only $20 on Best Buy's website earlier last month...ugh!

I have been eyeing this one in the mean time: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H2D...=IEZL8WC4NRBGI
I bought that Tronsmart for $30. I know Chromecast may enable screen mirroning at some point, but the extended display looks very useful to me to use with my notebook. Anyway, I live in Brazil, so it's gonna take a couple of mounths to arrive here..

styndall
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjcba View Post
I bought that Tronsmart for $30. I know Chromecast may enable screen mirroning at some point, but the extended display looks very useful to me to use with my notebook. Anyway, I live in Brazil, so it's gonna take a couple of mounths to arrive here..
Months?! Yikes! We are spoiled here in the US. Well if I happen to get mine before you get yours I'll post here and let you know how it is.

fernandogtg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fast miracast

Does anybody know a way to don't have lag when using miracast to play faster games like need for speed?

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandogtg View Post
Does anybody know a way to don't have lag when using miracast to play faster games like need for speed?
Nah...
That's miracast speed, nothing we can do, really. I saw somewhere Asus is making a "gaming" model that uses a dual-band wireless to get instant mirroring.

http://www.asus.com/Tablet_Mobile_Ac...racast_Dongle/

It's not gonna be cheap, people say it's going to cost $100+ =/

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

TheHonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can confirm the rocketfish works. It took a few attempts to connect but once connected it worked fine .

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UltimatePG
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I just ordered the Lenovo WD100-SL, will post again and update whether if it works when I receive it. It's supposedly compatible with android 4.2.2 and above.

Legacystar
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I have the rocketfish receiver and it works on all my devices on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz but on the moto x it only works on 2.4ghz. Shame because 5ghz has better picture , no artifacts, and if you mirror on 5ghz you can still use 2.4 for WiFi for streaming .

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Current- Galaxy s4
Nexus 7
Past:Galaxy S3
Galaxy Nexus
Motorola Xoom
thunderbolt
Droid x
Droid 1
Samsung Rogue
Lg Voyager best damn texting phone ever