AOSP 5.1 ROM Compiled for the Moto E

It’s been a few weeks since the release of Android 5.1 and XDA Senior Member percy_g2 has … more

CutCalc: A Calculator for Mechanical Engineers

Mechanical and mechatronics engineers may want a handy app to calculate data for … more

Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

plz recommend a slim case for Moto X

13th April 2014, 05:17 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

63 posts
Apologies in advance for yet another slim case thread, but really didn't find what I'm looking for:

- as slim as possible, either hard or TPU, but not silicon
- would like all corners/sides covered
- preferably comes in white

The Anker case seems no longer available. Some clear cases got reviews about easily scratched. Some slim cases (e.g., bear motion) leaves the top/bottom unprotected. I have Ditztronic TPU case for a Droid DNA and considered that too thick for my taste.

The Supcase seems to fit my requirement, but I really have no idea how much bulk it adds to the phone. I'm already coming to the moto x for its size from a naked HTC One, so I don't want to add extra bulk if I can help it. Can anyone comment on how thick the supcase is? It's a two-piece (bumper + back)?
http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Motoro...supcase+moto+x

My wife has a Griffin TPU case on her iphone 5s that is really thin and light. Too bad they don't seem to make it for the Moto X.

The Qmadix also looks nice, and comes in white, but again, I wonder how thick it is...

13th April 2014, 04:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 59

203 posts
As you said there are several other threads with all this info already and no reason to start a new one. Just read the existing threads, look on Amazon and eBay and find one that fits your criteria. You already know what you want, why do you want us to tell you what you already know?
13th April 2014, 06:30 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

As you said there are several other threads with all this info already and no reason to start a new one. Just read the existing threads, look on Amazon and eBay and find one that fits your criteria. You already know what you want, why do you want us to tell you what you already know?

I've read through the threads on XDA and elsewhere, searched and read on Amazon, and still have not found the answers I was looking for, or else I wouldn't feel the need to start another thread. If you feel my thread isn't of interest, please don't join the effort. I put rather specific questions about two cases people had mentioned before. I was hoping people who have those cases can address them, instead of me having to gamble the time and money. Isn't that one of the purposes of the forum?

If you can show me posts that directly address my questions, I'll ban myself from asking questions on this forum for 6 months. Hows' that?
13th April 2014, 07:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 59

203 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishline

I've read through the threads on XDA and elsewhere, searched and read on Amazon, and still have not found the answers I was looking for, or else I wouldn't feel the need to start another thread. If you feel my thread isn't of interest, please don't join the effort. I put rather specific questions about two cases people had mentioned before. I was hoping people who have those cases can address them, instead of me having to gamble the time and money. Isn't that one of the purposes of the forum?

If you can show me posts that directly address my questions, I'll ban myself from asking questions on this forum for 6 months. Hows' that?

I don't care if you ban yourself, which just seems silly. But if you have more questions about cases, then you should be posting them in threads that already exist rather than starting a new one.

As far as specific threads, I won't do the work for you but they do exist on this forum. I have personally posted about the Qmaddix cases and have even posted photos of them both on and off my MX. There is also several comments about the Sup cases including photos. There are no questions you asked that haven't already been answered here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 04:10 AM |#5  
Flag Geneseo
Thanks Meter: 33

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishline

Apologies in advance for yet another slim case thread, but really didn't find what I'm looking for:

- as slim as possible, either hard or TPU, but not silicon
- would like all corners/sides covered
- preferably comes in white

The Anker case seems no longer available. Some clear cases got reviews about easily scratched. Some slim cases (e.g., bear motion) leaves the top/bottom unprotected. I have Ditztronic TPU case for a Droid DNA and considered that too thick for my taste.

The Supcase seems to fit my requirement, but I really have no idea how much bulk it adds to the phone. I'm already coming to the moto x for its size from a naked HTC One, so I don't want to add extra bulk if I can help it. Can anyone comment on how thick the supcase is? It's a two-piece (bumper + back)?
http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Motoro...supcase+moto+x

My wife has a Griffin TPU case on her iphone 5s that is really thin and light. Too bad they don't seem to make it for the Moto X.

The Qmadix also looks nice, and comes in white, but again, I wonder how thick it is...

Need protection without overkill: OtterBox Defender. My wife and I bought them for our Moto X's and they are very, very nice. Comes in colors.
15th April 2014, 12:19 AM |#6  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 349

1,288 posts
More
My favorite slim case is Fosmon TPU. Tried a supcase but didn't really like it.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 04:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I got a supcase off Amazon. I love it. Has nice look and feel. Not too sure how well it would protect against a good fall, its a slim case after all.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th April 2014, 12:16 PM |#8  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 553

1,172 posts
More
Qmadix is a nice not-big case
18th April 2014, 07:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 534

2,648 posts
Anyone find a case like the first generation Otter box. It was rubber only. Tire tread, not easy to get out of your pocket. Perfect if you added a screen protector. I had one for my Droid x2. Defender?
It would stay put on your thigh.
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 18th April 2014 at 07:50 PM.
20th April 2014, 01:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

155 posts
More
Incipio makes slim cases. My wife and I both use Incipio cases on our Moto X's. My wife has the DualPro Shine and I have the DualPro. They are both fairly slim cases.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, slim case
Previous Thread Next Thread